This armor script I am editing unmounts my helmet when I put on a chestpiece.

Author Topic: This armor script I am editing unmounts my helmet when I put on a chestpiece.  (Read 2381 times)

I have this armor script I am editing.

if you have a chestplate on and then put on a helmet, it unmounts the chestplate and vice versa.

I want to be able to have this separated. So head slots no longer unmount chest slots and vice versa.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0b2yb863j21c531/Item_PlateArmor.zip/file

See: yachty dungeon season 1

See: yachty dungeon season 1

It's a completely different script.

But it tells you in the code how to circumvent unmounting images in the script

the script is far too different for me to use.

I still can't get any script to work.

Tony, you should take inspiration from m.dts and have tons of nodes that you can hide/unhide, every armor piece in 1 .dts. You only have to mount that one .dts then and hide the unequipped nodes.

You could also just make a new m.dts with extra nodes. (You could do interesting anims, visor up/down, perhaps animation to visualize the damage done to the armor)

I guess you could make individual hp values for each piece of armor and have an individual piece degrade when it's hit by a projectile.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 03:05:52 AM by Quartz »

I don't have the tools or capability to do any of that myself.

So I'm just trying to edit an existing script instead to work with both helmets and chestplates.

Code: [Select]
datablock shapeBaseImageData( barbuteEquippedImage )
{
(...)
shapeFile = "./barbute.dts";

mountPoint = 5; // Where is it mounted? Check after line 95 for list of nodes.
(...)
}

datablock shapeBaseImageData( barbuteImage )
{
(...)
shapeFile = "./barbute.dts"; // Model of armor when mounted to hand.

mountPoint = 0; // Where is it mounted? Check after line 95 for list of nodes.
(...)
};

function barbuteImage::onFire( %this, %obj, %slot )
{
(...)
%obj.unmountimage( barbuteImage.mountPoint ); // armorTemplateImage.mountPoint makes it so you only have to change one value in the datablock.
%obj.mountimage( barbuteEquippedImage, barbuteEquippedImage.mountPoint );
(...)
}
Helmet unmounts slot 0 (unequipped) and mounts image to 5 (now equipped on head).
Chest armor unmounts slot 0 (unequipped) and mounts image to 2 (now equipped on chest).

I don't see why it won't work. You should ask someone with more experience with these types of mods.

Does anyone know why the chestplate unmounts helmets?

The script is forgeted up no one knows how to fix it

I really need some input.

I gave you input and you refused to use it despite the fact that it directly fixes the exact issue you're having

I gave you input and you refused to use it despite the fact that it directly fixes the exact issue you're having

I thought you only gave me the solution for helmet view.

I need a fix for the mount/unmount.

It has code that fixes helmets and armor being unmounted by two handed guns or emitters

It has code that fixes helmets and armor being unmounted by two handed guns or emitters

Okay I'll check it out again, thanks.

What about helmets unmounting armor? And vice versa?