(µthread) Who actually watches blind playthroughs

Author Topic: (µthread) Who actually watches blind playthroughs  (Read 2267 times)

Blind playthroughs suck balls. Watching a dude fail for 20 minutes and then suck at doing basic functions in a game he decided to record is absolutely rediculous! Guess what? 60% of playthroughs are youtube are this stuff! You can literally find one half life 2 100% playthrough by some brony who hasnt even finished it. Everyone is doing this stuff blind and I don't even know the appeal.

Additionally, popular youtubers do this stuff as well, and don't even label it as blind! Who the hell wants to watch a fire emblem game by some nerd who hasn't played it ever before? Who wants to watch super meat boy by someone who can barely press the jump button, letalone play a challenging game. Who the forget actually watches this instead of playing the game themselves?

Also additionally, who the forget watches those stupid ass videos where the facecam dude screams into the mic over stupid stuff while it's a blind playthrough? "OH MY GOD AN ANIME GIRL DIED" and "Hey Guys Generic Youtuber Here with the Game You Are Too Ignorant To Play, but BLIND!" just make me wanna search for a youtuber who isnt as obnoxious. NerdCubed level manchild obnoxiousnous constantly playing while i'm trying to watch some loving black mesa paid playthroughs isnt loving funny
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 09:40:41 PM by Unova2 »

because it’s funny
(Stays in same section for 20 minutes, screaming into the mic "WHERE THE forget DO I GO")
Okay, this is my kinda comedy

i dont watch blind playthroughs, but if edited, i guess they can be enjoyable by seeing their reaction

(Stays in same section for 20 minutes, screaming into the mic "WHERE THE forget DO I GO")
Okay, this is my kinda comedy
your fault for watching those handicapped youtubers lol

your fault for watching those handicapped youtubers lol
so literally every blind youtuber since i search directly on youtube for a game (nothing added besides playthrough) and get blind playthroughs as results

why are you watching these videos you clearly dont like

who actually watches playthroughs in the first place

if I wanted to know what to do in a game I'd just go on gamefaqs

depends on the person playing. some people are competent at playing games for the first time blind, other people are like DSP.

why are you watching these videos you clearly dont like
Impossible to avoid without checking an episode in each playlist

I personally find it more interesting to see someone's first play-through of a game, watching someone who knows a game through and through is boring because you know what to expect

I've watched Joel, Vinny and Chuggaaconroy play through Earthbound, and of the three, Vinny's play-through was the most amusing because of how it was a mostly blind play-through, then Chuggaaconroy's play-through because his LPs are more like detailed walkthroughs with some humorous commentary and happenings, and lastly Joel's because he had already played Earthbound before, so he knew what to expect, what to do, etc, so gameplay-wise it was fairly boring, so i was just enjoying the commentary for the most part

Also, you have to remember that you weren't always the king of video games either and were probably at one point stumbling around aimlessly trying to figure out a fairly easy puzzle as well

There's something about watching others react to different things that makes it kind of engaging. It's like when you watch a video, then you want to show others that same video and hope that they give the same reaction.

Playthroughs != Walkthroughs.

Playthroughs are better at showing what the game is like especially for someone that never touched it. With commentary they can also provide as a personal review where you get to hear another opinion.
Walkthroughs are typically done by people that actually finished the game prior, and are showing you how to do it.

You've opened a bag of stuff and wondered why there's stuff in it.

Impossible to avoid without checking an episode in each playlist
if you're watching a playthrough the assumption is that it's blind. if you want a tutorial, look one up