What was Blockland's original target audience?

Author Topic: What was Blockland's original target audience?  (Read 2623 times)

I've recently been thinking about Blockland and coming back to it. However, a question that comes to my mind is what its original target audience was. Blockland looks like a kids game, no offense, but it has the community of 16 year olds swearing at least one time in each game. Blockland basically looked like a LEGO game back in its early in-development days. I'd like an answer to my question, because it's honestly just a little bit confusing and it's gonna keep me up at night if I don't get an answer.

this game is for everybody

I don't think the released version of Blockland was intended for children, they can play it, but there are things that came with this game that I don't think would have been included a game designed soley for children.

One of the old default saves that has now been removed was of a satanic church (DM Church). creep Bear and rooster Mongler faces are included as selectable faces anyone can use. The spray can also has swearing on it, although I believe it is censored. There might be more that I have forgotten about.

Kids can survive playing a game with the included points above, but it makes me suspect they weren't the only people this game was designed for, if at all.

all brick based building games unintentionally attract autism whether it was the original intent or not.

roblox and minecraft are more popular because they are more autistic accessible.

Angsty 14 year olds and autistic 22 year olds

Angsty 14 year olds and autistic 22 year olds
Given that a lot of the original userbase was 4chan crossposters or SA rejects, this is extremely accurate.

I don't think the released version of Blockland was intended for children, they can play it, but there are things that came with this game that I don't think would have been included a game designed soley for children.

One of the old default saves that has now been removed was of a satanic church (DM Church). creep Bear and rooster Mongler faces are included as selectable faces anyone can use. The spray can also has swearing on it, although I believe it is censored. There might be more that I have forgotten about.

Kids can survive playing a game with the included points above, but it makes me suspect they weren't the only people this game was designed for, if at all.
Isn't there a communist symbol in one of the default saves?

Isn't there a communist symbol in one of the default saves?

yep, in beta city

yep, in beta city

man i thought that was just blood put in a rly weird pattern at first lol

blockland has a better community than some

blockland has a better community than some
okay...
Blockland still usedto be a lot better in terms of community.