[help] So uh, I ran away from home

Author Topic: [help] So uh, I ran away from home  (Read 3464 times)

Its quite personal but im going to give you a short version.
Basically my mother and father are divorced for a solid 12 years now but they keep fighting about money and who owns what and all that other stuff.
Recently my father send a letter to my mother demanding €1400 ish because he believes its his. I dont know specifically what its for but its actually his and he has documents proving it. Normally he wouldnt send a letter but my mother has been breaking the agreements for years and he was tired of that stuff so he wanted to get back at her so she would stop breaking the agreements which I understand.

Of course, silly me didnt knew that so I absolutely despised my father because my mother told me hes essentially bullying her and trying to break her. I found out she has been lying to me for loving years trying to defile my father. She even asked me to lie to him once. I myself never lie (white lies excluded) and think lying is loving disgusting. I had a fight with my mother last thursday because I didnt tell her about my panic attacks. Panic attacks because my stepfather beat my actual father. No one tells their parents theyre having panic attacks lmao. I was loving boiling of course because she was being extremely unreasonable for other things too which im too lazy to explain what for. But I remained calm as usual and just bottled that stuff up. Right after she left my room I broke down into a panic attack, again. Very nice.
She entered my room a few minutes later and saw me crying and asked in a very pissed off tone: "Whats wrong now?" I lost my loving stuff. I have never yelled at anyone untill now. After we were done fighting she told me to go live with my father because I dont appreciate what she's done for me and that this house isnt an hotel. I replied something along the lines that if she loves me sooo much (sarcasm) I might as well go live with my father. At least hes not as unreasonable as you. After that I ran away to my sisters place. Stayed the night there and the following morning I packed my stuff while she was at work and got on a train to my father.

While I was on the train she called me asking when im going to go home. Funny because apperently I was going to live with my father according to her. I said I dont know and hung up. Now the thing is. I can only stay here untill wednesday. I cant live here either because all of my stuff is still at my mothers and uni is starting next week.
I dont know what the forget im supposed to do now.

My mother has lied to me for years, tried to make me choose between her and my father (and if I didnt choose her I was a backstabber, of course I didnt choose either side. Paint my crazy if I did), tried to involve me numerous times and bribe me with money to never go there again.

My father doesnt even want to talk about it with me. Not because hes trying to keep a secret or some stuff, but because I asked him. Their fight is none of my business and he respects that.

So yes. What do I do now? Sorry for incomprehensible text or types or whatever. I typed this out in a hurry.

It's illegal for a kid to run away from home.

It's illegal for a kid to run away from home.

we dont know the laws of belgium so all i can really recommend is couch surfing but if youre like the netherlands which you probably are there are safe spaces and if you are out of the house you are eligible for pretty decent monthly government payments. i really suggest you go to your stadshuis and ask for information. or at least search for information online.

stop fishing for attention, since when did forum.blockland.us become a hugbox?

don't have a whole lot of advice for this unfortunately, but best wishes though all this man. that's all pretty rough :(

Im probably going to return wednesday evening but I dont want to see her.
If she kicks me out, which she legally can't, my father offered I can live there instead. Which brings other complications of course.

I dont think I can ever forgive her.
we dont know the laws of belgium so all i can really recommend is couch surfing but if youre like the netherlands which you probably are there are safe spaces and if you are out of the house you are eligible for pretty decent monthly government payments. i really suggest you go to your stadshuis and ask for information. or at least search for information online.
Im still in school so I cant get government handouts.

Im still in school so I cant get government handouts.
i get government handouts for going to school and for living alone, currently in junior year (3rd of 4) mbo
the living alone one is pretty hefty so look into this

What do you mean she can't legally kick you out? Aren't you 18?

May I ask how, in your eyes, OP is attention seeking?

my dad left his family when he was 12 to go live and work on someone's farm

his father was probably too drunk and too busy beating hookers to notice he left anyways

forgets sake you're back

on topic: that sounds loving terrible, hope you can figure this out and solve this.

What do you mean she can't legally kick you out? Aren't you 18?
Yes.
She still cant kick me out unless I sign a document stating I dont live there anymore. But if she does kick me out im going to live with my dad anyways or get a student house in antwerps. Altho id be living on 300-400 a month then plus im required to have a (student) job at the same time.

Ask ike what to do

E

If you can live with your father, definitely do that. Couch surfing is suboptimal unless you have any friends that can afford to have you stick around until you can get on your feet, and even then you never know how that's gonna turn out.

It sounds like your mother's a POS so maybe living with your father'll be an overall improvement.