Well I finally got shaders on roblox

Author Topic: Well I finally got shaders on roblox  (Read 854 times)

roblox still looks hideous though lmao
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 05:24:56 PM by Electrk.. »

real life legos dont have shadows

I think the reason why it doesn't look that great is because of how it is supposed to work on all computers

I think the reason why it doesn't look that great is because of how it is supposed to work on all computers

the engines also like 17 years old

post this in the roblox thread/games board please

Im still wondering why roblox is more popular than blockland.

I guess being F2P attracts all the autists to the yard.

It also don't use a dead and outdated engine with a dead and obscure programming language (even though it's just C++, TorqueScript is still it's own sub-category of C++)

It also don't use a dead and outdated engine with a dead and obscure programming language (even though it's just C++, TorqueScript is still it's own sub-category of C++)

torquescript is not c++

torquescript is not c++
I thought it was mentioned many times that it was? They even look similar

the engines also like 17 years old

nah it's an interpreted language written in C++

entry cost definitely helps, but roblox's server structure is another reason. it's a lot easier to find games when you don't have to rely on the creator hosting servers, and it's a lot more accessible to create things if you don't have to host your own server. roblox lets players and creators ignore all that stuff. roblox also has much more sophisticated editing and content sharing tools, and developers interested in making the creation side of things more complete and streamlined, rather than stripping out features that are useful to modders because you don't want people making bots with the name "badspot" or something.

that being said i definitely like blockland's content creation workflow, but making a full game is a different story
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 06:57:25 PM by otto-san »

no, it's inspired by C (hence the extension .cs for "C-like script"), but it's its own language

the engine was written in C++ so the torquescript interpreter was written in that too

well if i can bully kids online without much threat of a ban on there and then just come back to the server to bully harder with no guarantee of a drama thread then im all up for it