[in need of assistance] Computer USB ports and inputs messing up

Author Topic: [in need of assistance] Computer USB ports and inputs messing up  (Read 490 times)

I have had my gaming pc now for 2 years, it is a prebuilt system and has never let me down once. Recently I have been experiencing issues regarding the Keyboard and headphone jacks, for some reason, they keep disconnecting and reconnecting. For example, I have an led light keyboard and when the lights are on it means the keyboard is working fine. When the lights are off it means the keyboard is not plugged in. I went to the back of the computer to investigate whether the usb port for the keyboard was loose and it was not, it was plugged in properly. Very strange. Recently my headphones have been disconnecting and reconnecting as well and this makes no sense either, the headphone jack for the microphone and headphones themselves are plugged in perfectly. It continuously kept disconnecting and reconnecting the headphones until I took the jacks out and re plugged them in.

I have no idea what is causing this problem and strangely, the mouse has not been experiencing any problems. Do my drives need to be updated or some stuff? this is driving me crazy since I need to revise sometimes and I need to move my keyboard on my desk which just causes it to disconnect. Also my keyboard was bought this year and has no problems except from this

check your usb drivers, and see if a device pops up in your sound settings besides speakers (if thats how your pc manages sound)

check your usb drivers, and see if a device pops up in your sound settings besides speakers (if thats how your pc manages sound)
this, the pc may not have come with the motherboard's chipset or usb drivers installed

worst case scenario, either the ports are worn out on the pc, your your usb / headphone cables are worn and drop connection