I just like to point out the option to have big avatars was here forever

Author Topic: I just like to point out the option to have big avatars was here forever  (Read 2746 times)

Anyone could of had big avatars, some guy from like 2006 had a big avatar

But because someone decided to go public with the exploit we now no longer have avatars.

Why did that person had to go public? That 12 year old exploit could have remained secret.

Now no one can have avatars.

what exactly do you mean by big avatars
like litterally BIG?

what exactly do you mean by big avatars
like litterally BIG?
Like, 128x128, i think was the maxi-maximum when you uploded a BMP avatar

But because of having moved to SMF2, avatars would get cut off by the post instead of stretching the page any, if avatars were still enabled, that is

https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?action=profile;u=114823

it's no secret that it's still out there
this is the smile that killed our avatars. the smile that killed badspot and left this place for dead.
the BlF killer wasnt the months long DDoS attacks, the spam Self Deletes, the blhack,
it was this smiley face, that has been with us since the start, all along

this is the smile that killed our avatars. the smile that killed badspot and left this place for dead.
the BlF killer wasnt the months long DDoS attacks, the spam Self Deletes, the blhack,
it was this smiley face, that has been with us since the start, all along

or not

no wait ignore that last one this is better!!

/zzMgv7n.png[/img]ton y 

Badspot didnt break avatars[/td][/tr][/table]

correction: it existed from 2006 until when it was first initally patched, then when the forums switched to smf2 badspot forgot to fix it once again

correction: it existed from 2006 until when it was first initally patched, then when the forums switched to smf2 badspot forgot to fix it once again

Thanks to whomever that looked up the 2006 exploit and did it again.

but what's the problem of having big avatars other than pagestretch?

but what's the problem of having big avatars other than pagestretch?
Other than page stretching, nothing, but having someone's post pushed toward the right because they have a big avatar would be disorienting and break the formatting of threads

But as i've said, SMF2 seems to cut off avatars after a certain point, so big avatars probably wouldn't even matter now