[oh stuff] new windows 10 updates may delete your files

Author Topic: [oh stuff] new windows 10 updates may delete your files  (Read 1735 times)

Honestly as much as I love windows 10, microsoft needs to quit updating it every loving day. It really annoys me because I don't even know if these updates even have anything good to contribute unless it's fixing a major problem but when microsoft starts feeling the need to do stuff like this, they need to understand the phrase "if it is not broken, do not fix it". Windows updates really piss me off because sometimes I'll be playing a game or working and it just resets my computer out of the blue to update, sometimes it doesn't even tell me it'll update

nice, another opportunity to flex the fact that i use linux as my primary operating system. #linuxmasterrace #wincucksbtfo etc etc you get the idea.

for real though how does a company as big as microsoft forget up like this. i guess that thread on /g/ a while back which was supposedly started by an ex-microsoft employee that detailed all the competent coders being replaced by pajeets with code as stuffty as the streets of their home country was actually true.

i heard from someone else (unsure if he got it from valid source) that the reason it happened was cause microsoft didnt run the update through QA for some godforsaken reason

this is an intentional racket to enrich data recovery companies

consider this
computers for Big Research Companytm that also run win10 will likely have their research that hasnt been backed up yet completely blasted
cause microsoft didnt give the effort to run it through some quality control n stuff

Imagine not using Windows 7/8.1 with Classic Shell
Or at least Windows 10 Enterprise, no ads, no Cortana, minimal data-collection and no bullstuff.

Or at least Windows 10 Enterprise
Who in their right mind is going to pay $87+ per year just for their OS? It's actually ridiculous that you need to have enterprise edition just to avoid all the bullstuff in Windows now.

Microsoft is already trainwreck. I'm amazed by how many people are still clinging on to their products at this point.

Microsoft came up with a brilliant solution for getting rid of malware on their OS. They decided to just make the OS itself malware.

Microsoft came up with a brilliant solution for getting rid of malware on their OS. They decided to just make the OS itself malware.

it was already adware before; this just takes it a step further

Microsoft is already trainwreck. I'm amazed by how many people are still clinging on to their products at this point.
its honestly just for the compatibility. i use windows because of the amount of programs, new and old, that are supported and can be ran on the system. there are things like wine on linux but its a hassle and doesn't always work perfectly. i swear microsoft can do so much to forget customers over but people will still use it for the compatibility

I'll stick with Windows until ReactOS is complete or Steam's custom WINE mod is fully functional.