Torque Game Engine - Torque Game Engine Advanced SDK's

Author Topic: Torque Game Engine - Torque Game Engine Advanced SDK's  (Read 2088 times)

You're an experienced coder gamer with strong skills and you're ready for game-making technology that lets you to take advantage of modern hardware to make truly stunning games. You've seen dramatic visuals applied to games you love to play yourself and you've been waiting for the opportunity to replicate and innovate on those effects to make your next game one that everyone wants to play.

It's one thing to create beautiful effects, but you're a serious developer and you know how important having a solid foundation for scripting, editing, physics, networking, animation, and debugging are to getting your game finished and shipped on schedule.

GarageGames built Torque Game Engine Advanced (TGEA) on the proven, original Torque Game Engine (TGE) and TGEA shares many of TGE's greatest strengths like TorqueNet, GeoTerrain, Torque Lighting System, and Puppeteer Mesh Animation. TGEA is much more than TGE with support for modern shaders. The entire rendering code has been rewritten for vastly improved efficiency and expanded capability. Want eye-catching water, jaw-dropping reflection and refraction effects, or the ability to quickly compose complex scenes with huge numbers of polygons? This engine empowers you to do it all.

Images

Downloads

MEGA
Google Drive
Dropbox (Soon)

Torque Game Engine, or TGE, is an open-source cross-platform 3D computer game engine, developed by GarageGames and actively maintained under the current versions Torque 3D as well as Torque 2D. It was originally developed by Dynamix for the 2001 first-person shooter Tribes 2.

Downloads

MEGA
Google Drive
Dropbox (Soon)

This software is safe to use, I've virus scanned it with Avast and Mbam. The results on VirusTotal are false positives and do not contain any sort of trojan at all. Yandex's virus scanner is about as unreliable as chrome's virus scanner. Same for Jingamin. Autoruns will not be modified and trojans won't be dropped into your system. I even have all of the addons for the software installed on another laptop and did a full virus scan. Nothing was infected at all.

BREAKING: Electrk and Vitawrap to stuff up this thread by claiming it's a virus, which isn't true. That's why the scan is in there. Thanks guys for being epic.

now 1% faster than the last version

You're an experienced coder gamer with strong skills and you're ready for game-making technology that lets you to take advantage of modern hardware to make truly stunning games. You've seen dramatic visuals applied to games you love to play yourself and you've been waiting for the opportunity to replicate and innovate on those effects to make your next game one that everyone wants to play.

It's one thing to create beautiful effects, but you're a serious developer and you know how important having a solid foundation for scripting, editing, physics, networking, animation, and debugging are to getting your game finished and shipped on schedule.
whoever wrote this needs to be fired

for what reason would anyone in this day and age start a project in TGE/TGEA when Torque 3D, the latest major version of the engine, has been free and open-source since six years ago tho

for what reason would anyone in this day and age start a project in TGE/TGEA when Torque 3D, the latest major version of the engine, has been free and open-source since six years ago tho

the version he posted was lost to time and found on some russian file server

the version he posted was lost to time and found on some russian file server
wat

it's still available from garagegames themselves to anyone who purchased a license back in the day tho

I don't see TGEA in there.

I don't see TGEA in there.
that's because i never bought a TGEA license since stuff was expensive yo

my point is none of this is "lost to time" if the original company is still alive (albeit barely) and continuing to provide access to the software for anyone who actually owns a license.

that's because i never bought a TGEA license since stuff was expensive yo

my point is none of this is "lost to time" if the original company is still alive (albeit barely) and continuing to provide access to the software for anyone who actually owns a license.

well when he gave me this I looked on the website and saw no signs of TGEA.

wat

it's still available from garagegames themselves to anyone who purchased a license back in the day tho

Oh, I couldn't find a way to purchase either of them off of the site

Oh, I couldn't find a way to purchase either of them off of the site
There's no way to purchase them anymore because GarageGames shifted to a strictly free and open-source model for their engines, and there's no free and open-source release of TGE/TGEA available because those engines partially rely on code which technically isn't property of GarageGames and the status of who actually owns that code nowadays is unclear, making an open-source release which includes this code legally murky which understandably isn't something they really want to mess around with.

My point still stands about deliberately using older versions of the engine when the most up-to-date edition is freely available: y tho

There's no way to purchase them anymore because GarageGames shifted to a strictly free and open-source model for their engines, and there's no free and open-source release of TGE/TGEA available because those engines partially rely on code which technically isn't property of GarageGames and the status of who actually owns that code nowadays is unclear, making an open-source release which includes this code legally murky which understandably isn't something they really want to mess around with.

My point still stands about deliberately using older versions of the engine when the most up-to-date edition is freely available: y tho
good point