#savelyman thread

Author Topic: #savelyman thread  (Read 1520 times)

this, this is lyman.

lyman has been missing for a long time.

this is the last known photograph of lyman that surfaced around 2009.

please... I beg you... you gotta help save lyman. please help me locate him and bring him back to society.

thank you.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 06:30:35 PM by Cubone½ »

In the garfield show canon, lyman was revealed to be the zabadu, a creature that roams the jungles scaring off any hunters that approach to protect the animals. He eventually reunited with Jon, Garfield and Odie (who is originally Lyman's dog) in an episode of the show. In the original comic strip timeline, Lyman is still unfound.

In the garfield show canon, lyman was revealed to be the zabadu, a creature that roams the jungles scaring off any hunters that approach to protect the animals. He eventually reunited with Jon, Garfield and Odie (who is originally Lyman's dog) in an episode of the show. In the original comic strip timeline, Lyman is still unfound.
although this may be correct, lymen in the garfield show canon is depicted as a liar and a deceiver, which is very unlike the honest hard-working lyman that we see in the comics. therefore, I strictly believe that these are two separate characters. a yin and a yang, if you will.

i was paid 30 dollars to support this thus i will

although this may be correct, lymen in the garfield show canon is depicted as a liar and a deceiver, which is very unlike the honest hard-working lyman that we see in the comics. therefore, I strictly believe that these are two separate characters. a yin and a yang, if you will.
This perception of yours seems blasphemous upon first glance but then I recalled that the garfield show is not actually Jim Davis' work and therefore it is fully plausible that Lyman is a demon in this timeline

This perception of yours seems blasphemous upon first glance but then I recalled that the garfield show is not actually Jim Davis' work and therefore it is fully plausible that Lyman is a demon in this timeline
this brings further questions, such as does garfield show lyman own a ritualistic cult worshiping zabadu, while also dressing up as the monster to attract more members/publicity, or does lyman enter a trance-like state of mind in which he believes he is the zabadu?

this brings further questions, such as does garfield show lyman own a ritualistic cult worshiping zabadu, while also dressing up as the monster to attract more members/publicity, or does lyman enter a trance-like state of mind in which he believes he is the zabadu?
The zabadu is less of a cult and more of a bloodline, as when Lyman originally ended up in the jungle he gained the position from the original zabadu. This however doed not mean that Lyman may not get a sick kick out of spreading fear amongst hunters and locals.

Of course strip canon Lyman would never do such a thing and is a man of no sin.

to get back on-topic, lyman has made numerous cameos throughout the garfield comic universe, even pre-merchandise era. as seen here on december 25, 1981:

and again on april 24, 1983:

and more recently, april 2, 2013, on jon's newspaper:

why the is there a garfield canon

better question: why aren't you invested in it?

because there's mutliple interpretations of Garfield outside of the strips

lyman has been found dead in texas

He was a friend and roommate of Jon Arbuckle and the original owner of Odie.
According to Davis, Lyman's original purpose was to be someone who Jon could actually talk to and express other ideas — a role gradually taken over by Garfield, himself. Once Lyman was no longer needed for that purpose, he was removed without explanation. Jim Davis has jokingly given explanations about Lyman's sudden disappearance and long absence from the strip; examples include Lyman joining the Peace Corps and never being heard from again and "Don't look in Jon's basement."
from the garfield wiki

if he was in another strip the number of strips he has been in would no longer be 69,