Where should I start for making add-ons?

Author Topic: Where should I start for making add-ons?  (Read 1368 times)

Sorry if this sounds terrible, I'm in a rush and I want to get this topic done in like 3 minutes.
So, I want to get in to making add-ons. Just simple ones, things to toy around with and have fun with. Something to spend my spare time on. Where do I start? I have about 0 experience with Torque and how it works, so I want your help.

im not trying to shill the blcc but I heard its a good place to start

join the bcc https://discord.gg/r6ERkqy
youll be using these 4 channels if you are wanting to start out with making addons, if you arent modeling for your specific purposes and you dont need the other help, then it'll only be coding help, unless classroom gets updated and there are now coding tutorials
#coding-help : help with coding in blockland
#modeling-help : help with modeling
#other-help : other help with blockland

#classroom-discussion : where you will be learning most of your stuff, in pinned messages there are google docs of modeling tutorials if you will be needing them. i think you should ask for a coding tutorial in the coding help channel first, you may find something there.

Bricks are the absolute easiest to start making imho, little coding and modelling work required

Bricks are the absolute easiest to start making imho, little coding and modelling work required
Prints, faces, and decals are the easiest actually, they only require an image editing program that can save transparent PNGs

Prints, faces, and decals are the easiest actually, they only require an image editing program that can save transparent PNGs
paint.net will do.

I have a list of medieval add ons I need lol

open mods you have installed and edit little bits of their code to get a feel for how they work and what each piece of code does

open mods you have installed and edit little bits of their code to get a feel for how they work and what each piece of code does
i have done this and it's fun to mess around with them
i modified an addon with a throwing dagger so its fire rate was extremely high and spammed them for a good 20 minutes

Thanks for your ideas, I have been playing around for a little bit.