what is it

Fallout (1997)
0 (0%)
Fallout 2 (1998)
1 (11.1%)
Fallout: New Vegas (2010)
8 (88.9%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Best fallout RPG game?  (Read 1054 times)

Which one is the best fallout RPG game of the series?

With the best choices.

The best story.

The best characters.

The most impressive RPG mechanics.

Fallout 4 but Fallout 76 is shaping up to be even better

im not gonna lie your wrong

Those aren't RPGs.

im not gonna lie your wrong

fallout 2 is pretty good and immersive, I never got to finish it though

Those aren't RPGs.

A game where you play a role is not a role playing game, makes sense

This loving argument has no loving basis.

Uncharted, you play as the role of Nathan Drake so it's an RPG.

Freddy Fish, you play as the role of Freddy Fish so it's an RPG.

Sneak King, you play as the role of the burger king mascott, so it's an RPG.

Get out of here with that bullstuff strawman loving argument.

Do you know how many people like you use this loving argument when you have nothing else to go on?

By your logic literally every game with a loving role is an RPG.

Do you know how many people like you use this loving argument when you have nothing else to go on?

By your logic literally every game with a loving role is an RPG.
"A role-playing video game (commonly referred to as simply a role-playing game or an RPG as well as a computer role-playing game or a CRPG) is a video game genre where the player controls the actions of a character (and/or several party members) immersed in some well-defined world."

Literally the first thing that comes up with a google search, this is literally the game

three things:
1.seems pretty opinionated, no 3 or 4?
2. if you didn't add 3 or 4 because they're not "rpgs," then why did you add nv?
3. might want to go a board down bub

three things:
1.seems pretty opinionated, no 3 or 4?
2. if you didn't add 3 or 4 because they're not "rpgs," then why did you add nv?
3. might want to go a board down bub

NV is more of an RPG than 3 and 4 and NV even tries going back to its roots.

"A role-playing video game (commonly referred to as simply a role-playing game or an RPG as well as a computer role-playing game or a CRPG) is a video game genre where the player controls the actions of a character (and/or several party members) immersed in some well-defined world."

Literally the first thing that comes up with a google search, this is literally the game

Define "well defined world" because Fallout 4 doesn't have it.

You can argue and bicker over what Fallout games Tony included and what he neglected, but it doesn't change the fact that Fallout is one of the dullest franchises in the history of video game franchises. Seriously each game following the vault dweller and his pals from the various locations of the post-nuclear United States as they fight or ally with assorted factions has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of storytelling, all to make adventure unadventorous, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Interplay vetoed the idea of Black Isle Studios finishing Van Buren; they made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just a ridiculously profitable IP to sell off. The Fallout series might be anti-American (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Planescape series in its refusal of wonder, immersion and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least New Vegas was good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the game was terrible. As I played, I noticed that every time a character patrolled the Mojave, they would address the player with, "almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Obsidian's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that they have no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Fallout New Vegas by the same Todd Howard. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are playing Fallout at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to play the Elder Scrolls." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you play "Fallout" you are, in fact, trained to play the Elder Scrolls.