Seriously thinking about taking a job in Antarctica

Author Topic: Seriously thinking about taking a job in Antarctica  (Read 3146 times)

real talk boys. This might be the start of my life.

I currently work at loving fast food which I hate and I have school 5 days a week and I'm trying to break the chain. There are many companies that require positions in Antarctica but the one I'm looking at is PAE. They have a few positions that I almost qualify for, but the one I most notably want to partake in is Cargo Transportation. I meet all the requirements.
I'm looking at free housing, 401k, health insurance, $13.50 to $20 an hour, free food, free electricity, and a free ass jacket. In the summer, its 24 hours of daylight and around 1000 people at the McMurdo station. In the winter, theres around 70-100 with 24 hours of darkness. Their job is just to keep the station running until summer, which is something I would want to do. The McMurdo station is lit too. They have forgetloads of recreational rooms such as libraries, lounges, arts and crafts rooms, bars, general stores, music rooms, and all the good stuff. Also theres wifi. And its always heated indoors.

My plan is to finish this year of school and apply.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 12:40:08 PM by Sheepocalypse »

do it and post updates from Antarctica

draw a blockhead in the snow

its gonna be like a horror movie someones gonna come out and slowly kill everyone and youre gonna be trapped and die in a gory explosion i just know it bro

So you're moving to antartica to get a job to make sure you have a steady 401k to retire on.

Seems like a trap by society.

its gonna be like a horror movie someones gonna come out and slowly kill everyone and youre gonna be trapped and die in a gory explosion i just know it bro
however it is a cost im willing to make

stuff man if you feel like you can do it and it's right just loving do it
more power to you for trying to move on with life but be careful whatever you decide to do

It's a trap, look up Francis moving to Alaska in malcom in the middle.

Only this is worse than alaska

how tf did you even come up with this? i mean it sounds baller as hell and doable but what corner of your head did this come from

Is Cargo Transportation driving those big red CAT trucks across the desert or am I talking out of my ass?

how tf did you even come up with this? i mean it sounds baller as hell and doable but what corner of your head did this come from
Antarctica is cool
Is Cargo Transportation driving those big red CAT trucks across the desert or am I talking out of my ass?
Would be similar. Transport supplies to camps, load and unload supplies n stuff

This sounds loving awesome. I wanna apply. Where do you apply

A family member of mine worked in antarctica, it's more boring than anything. You spend all your time working or sleeping, save for the times you'll be in a bar socializing.

If you can handle six months of extreme work hours while freezing your balls off, it's worth the money and the experience

This sounds loving awesome. I wanna apply. Where do you apply
Theres a lot of sites. Indeed.com has some but theres a whole lot of openings if you just look up "McMurdo Station jobs"
A family member of mine worked in antarctica, it's more boring than anything. You spend all your time working or sleeping, save for the times you'll be in a bar socializing.

If you can handle six months of extreme work hours while freezing your balls off, it's worth the money and the experience
Cold is better than hot, and hours shouldn't be different from what I'm doing now. Also how many people can say "I be in that south continent"