It's Election Day! ~ Blue Wave 2018

Author Topic: It's Election Day! ~ Blue Wave 2018  (Read 7315 times)

reds will win again.

Democrat party is dying.

You mean this election or the next one?

Republicans maintain the senate + flip blue seats and you think we lost because the dems gained the house, which doesn't do anything to help them in 2020 and doesn't stall Annoying Orange or hurt his chances in 2020 whatsoever

Whatever comforts you though

The Democrats winning the house could be more hurtful to the dems then to the Republicans or Annoying Orange. It just depends whether or not the Dems will go off the deep end.

The irony here is substantial.

Most of the Democrats are still quite corporate, so making any real change will be difficult for the progressives.

Republicans maintain the senate + flip blue seats and you think we lost because the dems gained the house, which doesn't do anything to help them in 2020 and doesn't stall Annoying Orange or hurt his chances in 2020 whatsoever

was this election about 2020? would getting the senate have helped them in 2020? this is about Annoying Orange's ability to move policy for the next two years, and the democrats just gained a split congress. now they have actual political leverage in legislation. is that not a victory? republicans still have the advantage overall since they control the senate, presidency, and most of the executive branch, but gaining control of the house certainly puts dems ahead of where they've been the past two years.

If it were any other democratic party, sure, but these people are only capable of shooting themselves in the foot and shoving said foot so far into their own mouths they stuff toenails. If anything this will give them the platform to make themselves look even more handicapped when they start stonewalling policies most Americans actually agree with (IE immigration enforcement). I don't see this as a win for the democrats or a loss for the Republicans because the only thing that changes is the democrats having a slightly louder microphone with which to express their handicapation

If it were any other democratic party, sure, but these people are only capable of shooting themselves in the foot and shoving said foot so far into their own mouths they stuff toenails. If anything this will give them the platform to make themselves look even more handicapped when they start stonewalling policies most Americans actually agree with (IE immigration enforcement). I don't see this as a win for the democrats or a loss for the Republicans because the only thing that changes is the democrats having a slightly louder microphone with which to express their handicapation
possibly very true

democrats have had a tough time challenging republicans the past while in rhetoric, so i'm guessing their main play will continue to just be blocking whatever they can, and historically americans don't tend to like that sort of play. like you mentioned, i think most americans tend to agree on what policy needs to change, they just disagree about what those changes should be, but in the end, republicans are still going to have much more say in how those sorts of things go. the main thing is, republicans don't get to run everything over democrats anymore. they have to make at least enough compromise to get a house majority, and that could make all the difference for democrats. as long as the senate balance stays about the same, democrats still also have a very respectable presence there too; if republicans don't have an easy 60 votes in there, that effectively means democrats can automatically kills lots of highly contentious legislation. since democrats don't control the presidency though, and they almost certainly won't have an easy 2/3 vote to override a veto, they're still playing the republicans' game

lol all the republicans can do is call house obstructionist for literally any reason and watch the dnc fall apart

then Annoying Orange has a platform to run on for 2020 that actually means anything and everyone on the right has that bone to chew on for another 4 to 6 years

my question is: who do you think is gonna replace Annoying Orange after his second term?

my question is: who do you think is gonna replace Annoying Orange after his second term?

Ron Paul maybe? I dunno tbh

I'm more interested in who the Democrats run tbh

Ron Paul maybe? I dunno tbh

I'm more interested in who the Democrats run tbh
no way ron paul would ever win with the way the GOP is changing to support more radical Annoying Orange supporters, hes one of those normal conservatives.

I think it'll be someone as weird as DT or ever more out there.

as for the dems its really a crapshoot man. I have no idea who would be able to make it happen. Bernie will probably die in like 6 years so i dont think hes gonna make it

no way ron paul would ever win with the way the GOP is changing to support more radical Annoying Orange supporters

It's actually not

It's actually not
actually, what do you think about a radical ted cruz win