badspot make v22

Author Topic: badspot make v22  (Read 4856 times)

What you need is more gamemodes like my toystore map that offer a giant build that people can already play in or build onto it.

Gamemodes are suppose to replace maps and no one is taking advantage of it.

No one built anything with interior maps and terrain maps.

Are you forgetting servers like heed's massive TDM servers?

or in your case: making hundreds of forums topics asking for help cobbling a bunch of incompatible mods together to patchwork an rpg.

Yeah yeah. It's not my fault all I have to work with is old outdated add-ons.

Not like people are making new things in general anymore.

And most people keep all the good add-ons private.

Nowadays people only make add-ons for money and most of them charge too much.

Are you forgetting servers like heed's massive TDM servers?

So you named 1 person who did that.

But if I recall people would rather explore the map than actually build in it.

Hell even GSF ghost was making maps with houses that looked like they were made out of bricks. Essentially doing all the building for everyone. Yeah it was cool and all but it took the fun out of building.

Literally who

Not like people are making new things in general anymore.
Do you check the Add-Ons board or the Development and Gallery channels of the Content Creators Discord?

Essentially doing all the building for everyone.
The building that many didn't have the attention span for anyway, but if they did, they would be on a more building friendly map like Slate or something, not a map meant for exploration or roleplay

But all I'm saying is that you can make one large loving terrain build out of modter and then package it as a gamemode with public bricks enabled.

What's wrong with that? That's essentially what maps were anyways. One big ass map that allowed players to build anywhere inside it.

Do you check the Add-Ons board or the Development and Gallery channels of the Content Creators Discord?

Sure people still make add-ons.

But not nearly as much as they use to like 5 years ago.

The building that many didn't have the attention span for anyway, but if they did, they would be on a more building friendly map like Slate or something, not a map meant for exploration or roleplay

Welp gamemodes are a thing.

So if people have no attention span I suggest they download some gamemodes.

It's the same stuff as a map.

Like I literally just made an interior map out of modter and packaged it as a gamemode and people can build in it and explore it like a classic interior map.

So the tools are there for people that want to make their own maps. No one is taking advantage of it.

If you want to help those that have a short attention span that can't build then I suggest making more loving gamemodes and hope they try them out .
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 11:48:54 PM by King Tøny »

You have a loving map section right here. Filled with interior maps, terrains, minigames, freebuilds, etc.

https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?board=43.0

And it's loving dead because no one wants to contribute to it.

Real vicious cycle blockland is in lately.

Everyone is too lazy to build yet also want to complain because no one will build for them.

You think making interior maps and terrains were as easy as building on blockland? It's not.

average blockland players pre-v21

Too lazy to build so they load a pre-made map that someone else made.

Complain when they run out of maps to play with that someone else made.

Don't want to figure out how to make their own interior/terrain maps and still too lazy to build.

average blockland players post-v21

Too lazy to build so they complain they don't have interior and terrain maps.

Complain when there is not enough pre-made builds for them to use that someone else made.

They can't figure out how to download a gamemode.

So it seems like to me is that they will still complain no matter what. We even have static shape maps now and it's still not good enough.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 12:19:07 AM by King Tøny »

return the map or suffer my curse

guys the slopes map though that is the only place u can ski the builds are too rough and jaggid to use the skis on because bricks are pointy

why wouldnt you want maps back with the inclusion of the basic slate map

Yeah yeah. It's not my fault all I have to work with is old outdated add-ons.

1) There's this thing called scripting, which gamemodes require to be anything more than a standard DM. This is also why most private mods are not released. They are normally scripted to work off of other scripts within the server they were made for. Releasing those mods would require them to be remade to be stand-alone.
2) Give me an example of a user who is currently selling mods. Because as far as I know throughout the modding community, nobody is doing that.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 02:07:27 PM by Mr.Noßody »