badspot make v22

Author Topic: badspot make v22  (Read 4841 times)

put the map back in and add more cool stuff please bad spot i disabled add block on blockland forum for u

put the map back in

What I am hearing is you people are too lazy to build a map.

I literally made my own interior based map out of modter bricks. What have ya'll done besides complain about how you don't have interiors and terrains?

I even took the time to turn it into a gamemode allowing anyone to build in it like an interior map and I will be adding an empty version soon.

https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=321122.msg9936878#new

i disabled add block on blockland forum for u

Admitting you disabled ads so he gets less ad money will help him release v22 how exactly?

Tony he is also on a registered forum account he could have it automatically disabled anyway

Retail Blockland has had shadows and shaders 1 year longer than it had interiors and terrain.

Admitting you disabled ads so he gets less ad money will help him release v22 how exactly?
They said they disabled the ad blocker

They said they disabled the ad blocker
dont worry princess tony doesnt have enough brain power on a monday night to comprehend simple words

What I am hearing is you people are too lazy to build a map.
We get it, you're hot stuff.

Problem right now, (aside from the outdated engine) is the lack of starter content to play. A new user coming in would rather have a quick selection of things to play around with rather than taking weeks to build a map, or in your case: making hundreds of forums topics asking for help cobbling a bunch of incompatible mods together to patchwork an rpg.

I used to think the same way till I realized that being an elitist doesn't make you successful, or liked for that matter.

As someone who re-made GM_Construct as an interior and then out of default bricks, i still prefer the original interior version over my brick version and that static map version

Bricks just aren't a good replacement for maps, both visually and physically, and static maps have their flaws (mostly the taking up a bunch of datablocks part)

prove me wrong: maps made the game look fifty years older and people started building fifty times better after they were removed

modter bricks are fine.

No one built anything with interior maps and terrain maps. The fact most maps didn't fit with the brick grid didn't help either. Although I tried making all my maps compatible for the brick grid.

prove me wrong: maps made the game look fifty years older
The maps and terrain could look better with textures that aren't 256x256

people started building fifty times better after they were removed
A person stranded on an island is forced to adapt and live off the environment, otherwise they die

The removal of maps did make people into better builders, but that could have also come with age and experience and could have happened anyway considering how many people used Slate anyway

prove me wrong: maps made the game look fifty years older and people started building fifty times better after they were removed
my opinion on this and other stuff:
blocklands like, what 11 years old now? i honestly dont mind if it looks dated :P
Default shadows are pretty atrocious too tbh, and a lot of ppl cant even run them iirc
v21 was supposed to remove maps to make the game easier to update, but since that isnt happening, it kind of lost a lot of its value
i have become a better builder without maps, but thats arguably simple cuz ive been playing and building longer, i would have improved anyway, but maybe not this much.

Maps certainly made the game look as old as it's engine, butuilds are only where they are now because the only people still playing are the ones who really go hard.

The maps and terrain could look better with textures that aren't 256x256

When I made maps that used PNG textures at 512x512 each texture took about 1 loving minute to download.

So I had to replace them all with jpegs at 256x256