"Gibbing", or "Jibbing"

Author Topic: "Gibbing", or "Jibbing"  (Read 3166 times)

would you pronounce gift as jift?
what about gourd as jourd?
gallop, jallop?
gear, jear?
ghost, jhost?
gib, jib?
Would you pronounce gentle, giraffe, gist, giant, geniues and other g words with a hard g?

Would you pronounce gentle, giraffe, gist, giant, geniues and other g words with a hard g?
wow, english sucks

I dont care what anybody says, G is not a vowel and should never say it's name.
However, if G can also make a J sound, and J never says it's name either... why do we even have J?

Also the dude who brought this up (a Youtube commenter on a south park video) is still responding calling everybody who says gibbing with a g handicaps and "stupid parrots". He makes lets-plays by recording his screen btw.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 02:41:06 PM by Mr.Noßody »

In my mind I've always pronounced it with a hard G, but I've never heard or had to use the word in a real life situation so I have no real basis for it other than the fact that "giblets," a real word, is pronounced with a soft G. Given the necessity to say it out loud I would use that as a basis and say it with a soft G so I don't look like a handicap if I'm asked to explain why I'm saying it that way.

"Why do you say it with a hard G?"
"uhhhhh spaghetti"
vs
"Why do you say it with a soft G?"
"Well you're turning someone into giblets so you're g(j)ibbing them!"

they pronounce gibbing with a g just like monday isnt pronounced "nijjer"

Is this why I always get laughed at when I'm trying to be tribal?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 11:44:18 AM by Black and White »

okay who gibbed the clown

so, first of all, you stupid hoes, "hard g" means the sound in "gill", not the other one. secondly it's pronounced with the sound in "gill"
I dont care what anybody says, G is not a vowel and should never say it's name.
so ur telling me you pronounce "giant" with the sound in "gill"? you really just sayin stuff

You're all wrong

It's Yibbing

so, first of all, you stupid hoes, "hard g" means the sound in "gill", not the other one. secondly it's pronounced with the sound in "gill"so ur telling me you pronounce "giant" with the sound in "gill"? you really just sayin stuff
i believe you can just say hard g after explaining your point