Author Topic: The Floor is Lava  (Read 625 times)

I made something kinda interesting the other day.  It was a uh- "the floor is lava script".  Picture Afghanistan DM loaded, with lava filling the streets.  There are two points visible, a start and a finish.  You win a round by getting from the start point to the finish point.  After a round, the start/end locations are randomized.  You can build on anything, but it costs plastic, which slowly accumulates.  Weapons are 2 Molotovs and a pack of C4.  You can use the C4 to set traps.  The molotovs can be used to directly attack other players.

It was entertaining to test.  The C4 glitched out and broke pretty quick, but it was fun while it lasted.  The molotovs weren't very effective at doing direct damage, but the impulse from getting hit by one could knock and enemy into lava pretty easily.  We tried pushbrooms for a while, but they weren't very fun.  Way to powerful and easy to use in this environment.  Sort of a everyone loses sort of weapon.  Same goes for any ranged weapons.  The butterfly knife was fun for me as the host(no lag).  But in general melee weapons were just too powerful.  I think thrown weapons such as the pie and the spear are ok, but infinite ammo... eh.  I would limit it to 3 shots per life.  Else people will just sit at the spawn chucking pies at anything that moves.

Building ended up turning into 1x16 plates and the like.  Dunno how to make it prettier.  If I were to adjust the plastic mod a bit, I would adjust the cost of bricks on the Z axis.  a 1x1x5 costs 15 units, which is just too much.  It was created that way so that I wouldn't have to deal with decimals, but I just need to man up.

Tip and I played to 25 points.  He won, but we were neck and neck most of the time.  I can't count the number of times I dumped that forgeter into the lava.