Author Topic: Add-Ons Not Sorted Or Executing In Order  (Read 2120 times)

When I start the game and a server add-ons aren't executed in order. They also aren't sorted in order in the custom game GUI. Is this just a me problem? I don't have any add-ons causing it.

i remember linux had that issue, due to the order it read the file system (?)

I never had this problem before though. It's just since I've installed Blockland after a few years.

What type of file system does your computer use?

Don't know how to find out. I'm on a Mac.

is there any form of order that they are being executed?
ie is it based on date added or size?

i feel like there was also an addon or something to fix the issue

I can't find any logic for the order they're executed in, they are always executed in the same order though.
To clarify, I didn't have this problem on my old Mac, but I've gotten a new once since then.

After some searching I found an add-on to fix the custom game GUI add-on list order, but that only fixes a symptom of the problem.

After doing some tracing I think I'll be able to make an add-on to fix the issue.

Finished making an add-on to fix it on the client side.

Anyone know how to make a server add-on get executed before any others and before function loadAddOns starts?

I would say name it starting with Z, but that's only when the reverse alphabetical loading is working (pretty sure it's reverse? which is why VIP had to be renamed to AVIP and load after the core minigame addon)

without knowing what the load order is, it might be a bit more difficult
you could look at what's loading first and just add your script to it, but wouldn't be helpful to others

That won't work though because I need it to execute before function loadAddOns starts so that I can overwrite it.

Anyone know how to make a server add-on get executed before any others and before function loadAddOns starts?

Fyi, Support_PreLoad can help you with this: http://www.greek2me.us/code/Support_PreLoad.cs

I tried that but the function that you need to overwrite is executed after config/main.cs. In the end, I had to add an execution to the bottom of config/client/config.cs. I posted the add-on.