Blockland Forum didn't deserve borrowed time

Author Topic: Blockland Forum didn't deserve borrowed time  (Read 31857 times)

at this point tony and kidalex have been banned so many times they have it down to an artform on how to be as absolutely insufferable as possible without technically doing anything bannable
tony with his purposeful sensationalism and various little "tics" that only ever last until they stop pissing people off, kidalex with his increasingly-unintelligible mumblerapspeak whenever referred to or called out to drown everyone else out; they've been allowed to grow so cancerous that there's really no getting rid of them without a straight-up BOS -- which badspot doesn't seem too keen on handing out anymore, so until they slip up again they're gonna keep purposefully dancing around as close to the lines as they can get (unless badspot has a change of heart and starts banning people for just generally being wholely unpleasant)

i think fuzztoast was banned for a few days but forget knows on hoot

I mean, Badspot has banned people for less and sometimes for things that aren't even listed in any of the rule threads, so i really don't see any harm in just banning some of the most problematic users just to be done with 'em

personal theory: Badspot knows banning any of the forum tards (hootaloo, tony, etc) would make this forum go downhill even faster without their spam

as much as you guys hate tony he's the only one really making threads that get people's attention around here

big thonk we keep the forums alive hur dur

If spam is the only thing holding up the forums, then the forums are already dead at this point

Getting rid of the persisting problem users just gives Badspot less to deal with and less chaos to come back to and blow up at

at this point tony and kidalex have been banned so many times they have it down to an artform on how to be as absolutely insufferable as possible without technically doing anything bannable
tony with his purposeful sensationalism and various little "tics" that only ever last until they stop pissing people off, kidalex with his increasingly-unintelligible mumblerapspeak whenever referred to or called out to drown everyone else out; they've been allowed to grow so cancerous that there's really no getting rid of them without a straight-up BOS -- which badspot doesn't seem too keen on handing out anymore, so until they slip up again they're gonna keep purposefully dancing around as close to the lines as they can get (unless badspot has a change of heart and starts banning people for just generally being wholely unpleasant)

i think fuzztoast was banned for a few days but forget knows on hoot
I'm under the impression that hoot was banned judging he has not posted in a few days and he has a high daily post count, or he went on with his word and left.

If spam is the only thing holding up the forums, then the forums are already dead at this point
damn truth ain't it

Getting rid of the persisting problem users just gives Badspot less to deal with and less chaos to come back to and blow up at
others will probably keep popping up tho

In my personal opinion, the community needs a revamp if we want to stay for the next couple of years. If Blockland dies, we can try as a whole to remake it, but it'll be hard to do, and it definitely won't be as good as Badspot did for at least 10 years. It'd be better if Badspot would care more for the game, but he doesn't, so we have to be the ones to try and revive this before it all goes downhill and we lose this. I say what should happen is we make an unofficial Blockland forum and make a strictly-regulated Discord server for people trying to revive the game (I suggest The Blockland Team, or TBT for short). Then we can try to fix this. It's hard to start building a bridge if no one can agree on whether it even needs to built, or what materials to use, or how to build it. We need to collaborate on this, yet we seem to be endlessly arguing. Also, we need to block the racism and downtalking to anyone of any opinion. We can't stay alive if we constantly downtalk and flame people that don't agree on us. We have to be kind and helpful, not the opposite. We need to provide technical help (which seems to be a large reason people leave). We need to fix this somehow, unless we want it to end. Like I said, we can reincarnate BL, but it'll need people to work and it'll need lots of care, which we seem to be devoid of (for the most part), and we would need teamwork anyways. We have to start somewhere.

TLDR: We need to be nice and not be rude, and we have to work together to make BL better. Also, make unofficial BLF that has moderators, and make a strict Discord server for trying to make BL better.

you only posted this because you want to be in charge of the community lol

also i find it ironic how you talk about being "nice and not rude" considering you yourself are extremely unstable, like literally almost every server ive seen you on you were screaming at people for your mistakes

example:

you only posted this because you want to be in charge of the community

Nope. I just want BL to be a nice place for people to talk and play in like some other communities.

also i find it ironic how you talk about being "nice and not rude" considering you yourself are extremely unstable, like literally almost every server ive seen you on you were screaming at people for your mistakes

example:

--snip--

That is a complete lie. Also, those people were instigating stuff, and the server is unbalanced anyways. I try to help and all that happens is I get flamed and used as evidence against myself.

Nope. I just want BL to be a nice place for people to talk and play in like some other communities.

That is a complete lie. Also, those people were instigating stuff, and the server is unbalanced anyways. I try to help and all that happens is I get flamed and used as evidence against myself.

lol i have like 3 or 4 pages of you screaming over dying in nozeros endless zombies

not to mention you did the exact same thing in calems l2d server

lol i have like 3 or 4 pages of you screaming over dying in nozeros endless zombies

not to mention you did the exact same thing in calems l2d server

"Evidence" is one thing. Making illogical claims is another. Also, don't act like you did nothing wrong in that.

"Evidence" is one thing. Making illogical claims is another.

funny i have evidence of my illogical claims

funny i have evidence of my illogical claims

Where? Where is the evidence that my response was not reasonable according to the situation. I may not agree with my reaction, but I feel I stand in the right.