My friend got raped and I made it worse

Author Topic: My friend got raped and I made it worse  (Read 2784 times)

/title

I warned her about this guy (her ex) because she told me one time she was joking around and he punched her in the shoulder so hard it left a bruise because he got mad. I told her he sounds like the type of guy who's gonna snap on her eventually.

Fast forward three weeks ago, last night, and she messages me saying they got into a fight and he made her do things under the threat of violence.

So me, being the great person I am, got pissed right on off, and I started giving her stuff for being around him after I told her what the forget was gonna happen if she did.

Even now I'm trying to remind myself to be sympathetic but at the same time what kind of loving idiotaaaAAAH why is everyone so BROKEN

In any event, how do I apologize what's the end game here lmao

lmao you didn't do anything wrong

Come on fam don't feed that side of me

No but seriously you warned her
but like just apolgize for what you think you did wrong

probably didnt help to tell her that she should have listened, help her out now and get her out asap

I didn't say she shouldve listened, more like "Holy stuff why the forget are you even talking to him in the first place" but yeah probably not the uh, the best angle of approach

Giving her some time and then apologizing for being blunt is really all you can do, I'd imagine.

yeah dont take the i-told-you-so route, assume best faith and that they already learned their lesson. help them deal with the situation and get retribution/the police involved and act as someone she can ask for advice rather than focus on the fact she made her mistake of staying in touch with the dude.

definitely apologize for saying what you have already said and possibly your insensitivity (not sure what you said so i cant really make a judgement on that here) and focus on recovery/ask if she needs help with anything

been exactly where you are before. ike knows whats up

oh yea and if you know her well or if you're good friends with her, letting her know there's a line open if she wants to talk or needs support would probably help

that is if you want to be a shoulder to cry on, been in a situation like this and it wasn't fun

You probably made it even worse by talking about it on a forum.

Id apologize for getting upset over what happened and instead just offer to be there for her.
The only thing you really can do is lend emotional support until she recovers.

The only way to fix things is to fix him