Author Topic: Cakey's Brick Textures  (Read 3032 times)

"very liney"
~ rose the floran

ok i know making custom brick textures is kind of a dying art but i made these for myself and they're kinda ok so i see no harm in releasing them

they're inspired by zapk's

but get this stuff

i made the side textures really reflective so they look even more plastic

but if you don't like that i've added a "no shine" version in the .zip file, which looks like this:

same pics with default textures for comparison:

download
yeet

installation
put the brickTOP.png and brickSIDE.png of your choice in blockland\base\data\shapes and make sure they're read only

uninstallation
turn off read only on brickTOP.png and brickSIDE.png

lemme know if you like them, i'd love to see screenshots if you feel like

also i might do the bottom textures
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 10:33:30 PM by Cakey »

I'm liking what I'm seeing, but can we get a side by side comparison of the difference between default and this?

I'm liking what I'm seeing, but can we get a side by side comparison of the difference between default and this?
these pics were a bit rushed but hopefully you're familiar enough with the default textures to get the gist

hmmmmmm havent seen some decent textures in a long time
Since there are not bottom textures would it just resort to the default texture?

thank you for reviving this dying art form

hmmmmmm havent seen some decent textures in a long time
Since there are not bottom textures would it just resort to the default texture?
the .zip only includes brickside and bricktop, i haven't modified anything else

i'll prolly make new bottom textures at some point tho

glad you guys like it :D

actually makes smooth shading look good unlike crooked squideey's smudge studs
good textures but im not liking those outlines between studs
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 10:10:49 PM by maxymax13 »

actually makes smooth shading look good unlike crooked squideey's smudge studs
good textures but im not liking those outlines between studs
yeah i always thought his textures weren't as good as his older sharper ones, especially since v21 made em obsolete

i appreciate the feedback, if you could find zapk's stud somewhere (i think there's an environment addon or something somewhere you could grab it from) you could prolly use it interchangeably with my brickside and get a similar look without the outlines (or maybe not cause i haven't looked that closely at zapk's so idk)