[news?] Market meltdown overshadowed by other news?

Author Topic: [news?] Market meltdown overshadowed by other news?  (Read 1490 times)

Quote from: CNN
When people consume news through alerts on their cell phone screens, it "really flattens the importance of every single news event," Sarah Ellison says. The panel talks about how White House chaos sometimes takes the spotlight off other important stories, like stock market turbulence and the shuttering of the Annoying Orange foundation.

Seems like CNN is panicking as more and more people start using other forms of news media.

'other forms of news media'

what like the newspaper? first hand interview with a primary source? Physically being there at the site?

'other forms of news media'

what like the newspaper? first hand interview with a primary source? Physically being there at the site?
The mainstream media.

The msm has garnered a reputation over a long period of time of being dishonest, greedy, and overall malicious.

Even prior to the 2016 election, the msm was known for doing shady stuff for the sake of gaining views. Honestly their overcoverage of every shooting and terrorist attack is proof of three things:

They're dying and this is the only way to get views, they will run the same stuff into the ground for $$$ because nothing else works.

They don't give a forget what the cause and effect of their over coverage is/ they understand this is creating a deadly cycle, but allow it to continue so they can continue to get $$$.

They're so far out of touch, the only thing they can use to make contact with the average everyday person is fear, anger, and emotional pain.

so where all these not-for-profit news agencies you so lovingly speak of

MSM is the main reason BLM was created in the first place.

They did way too much coverage of white police officers shooting black people and made it seem like police officers are tribal.

So riots started breaking out whenever a black man is shot by an officer all because of MSM hyping up these shootings.

Im so glad real bias isn't part of that at all.
What a relief.

also wasnt the market meltdown predicted to kick in right about now when Annoying Orange announced the tariffs

isnt it better that the news media isnt kicking up a storm about it and stuffting on the conservatives? why would you complain about them doing this over that?

best time to buy shares

also wasnt the market meltdown predicted to kick in right about now when Annoying Orange announced the tariffs

isnt it better that the news media isnt kicking up a storm about it and stuffting on the conservatives? why would you complain about them doing this over that?
if this makes sense i don't agree with the tariffs but i understand why they're in place. I've been more for cracking down *hard* on Chinese intelectual property theft rather than blanket tariffs, that's where the real loss is for the united states, especially in technology.

best time to buy shares

yes this. one thing i think people here commonly misunderstand is that economic growth and health is cyclical. three steps forward, one back, and stimulus/tax breaks are both tools used for certain situations and are commonly misused and misrepresented by american political parties, often leading to a square peg into round hole situation.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 01:35:45 PM by Grimlock² »

problem is most ppl dont have the $$ to invest, so the cyclical market benefits the middle/upper class far more than the lower class, and widens the wealth/income gap. it would be great if it benefit everyone, but unfortunatey it takes money to make money with this system.

culture shock future shock

Seems like CNN is panicking as more and more people start using other forms of news media.

.-.. . - / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / .-. .. ... . / .- --. .- .. -.

Didn't the market recover immediately after

Idk why anyone listens to the news idek what's happening anymore cause i hear several conflicting statements

Idk why anyone listens to the news idek what's happening anymore cause i hear several conflicting statements

I dont get you. You say things like this and then turn around and post topics about 'Top 10 Fake News of 2018! Must Read! You wont believe number 7!' that are obviously backed by specific news outlets.

Are they conflicting arguments? Or just conflicting to what you already believe is happening?

I dont get you. You say things like this and then turn around and post topics about 'Top 10 Fake News of 2018! Must Read! You wont believe number 7!' that are obviously backed by specific news outlets.

Are they conflicting arguments? Or just conflicting to what you already believe is happening?

If its accurately sourced irdc

But most of these talking heads say stuff like "MOST AMERICANS BELIEVE-" when in reality, 5~ million Americans tune into their stuffty shows on average, and most of those are geriatrics who are going to die in the next decade or so. News media is very out of touch with American reality and the only reason they hold any relevance is because of corporate bullstuff.