Yet Another Moderator Addon | v1.0.1 Hotfix

Author Topic: Yet Another Moderator Addon | v1.0.1 Hotfix  (Read 2460 times)

started off as a simple change to Tezuni's Moderator v2 to change admin rank in the player list, but now that's become this:

Yet Another Moderator Addon
Created by Dominoes (37977)

Yet Another Moderator Addon is my take on a Moderator addon. This addon introduces quite a few new features, including the ability for a moderator to use /fetch, /find, and admin orb, change the admin rank in the player list, and even module loading (without having to edit anything in the base functions!). There's documentation in the description file, or in-game commands. The base command is shown to all users who join a server with the addon enabled.

I've done most of the work on this addon, however, big shoutout goes to the Blockland Content Creators discord server for having members that are quite helpful with TorqueScript. This addon is bound for bugs, as this is my first large addon being made (alongside my Ping Utilities script), so PLEASE use the GitHub link posted below to report all bugs and weird stuff.
[12/28/2018] I'm still trying to build experience, which is why I'm using this as a sort of "practice release" to receive insight from other, more experienced coders and use the insight for future experiences with coding with TS. This is sort of an extent of what Tendon has said on this topic:
OP seems to be new to coding, I think this mod is a kind of practice.

I was smart enough to put this project on GitHub, as mentioned above. Report nasty bugs to be squashed (also mentioned above) or view the code by going here. (raw url: https://github.com/qu-ota/Server_YAMA)

Downloads
(y'all ready for this)

Changelog
used to be Addon Edits but that was a bad idea so it's now this

v1.0.0 Release
  • Date released: 12/24/2018
  • Addon released!

v1.0.1 Hotfix
  • Date released: 12/28/2018
  • Removed that dumb welcome message that shows the command, now it's found in Blockland Glass's addon description. Suggestion from BLF user QuadStorm:
    Lastly, I'm not too fond of having the mod announcing itself to everyone joining. I'd prefer you putting the '/yama help' command in the add-on description rather than as a welcome message.
    (if you're too lazy to find it, the command is /yama help)
  • Removed the line of code for a "moderator shield". Had some issues with it and forgot to remove that block of code, but now it's gone. Also suggested by QuadStorm:
    textureName = "Add-Ons/Server_YAMA/modules/moderatorBadge.png"; refers to a nonexistent file. Additionally, I don't see ModShield used anywhere in the code.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 07:58:48 AM by Rocket Launcher »

Looks like the "Moderator" orb is never going to show up.
The client is set as admin while servercmdDropCameraAtPlayer runs, and Line 136 will make it skip the check for Moderator at Line 142...

textureName = "Add-Ons/Server_YAMA/modules/moderatorBadge.png"; refers to a nonexistent file. Additionally, I don't see ModShield used anywhere in the code. Lastly, I'm not too fond of having the mod announcing itself to everyone joining. I'd prefer you putting the '/yama help' command in the add-on description rather than as a welcome message.

change the admin rank on the playerlist? as in like having an M there instead of an A?

Just skip the whole mess and make custom roles. Assign individual admin features to bools and let the host create as many ranks as they want and add privileges to the ranks procedurally. Then do some bullstuff like RankSO.privileges = "" or some stuff. So if you want an observer role just do new RankSO(ObserverRank) { privileges = "spy orbin"; }

It's almost 2019, moderator has been around for thousands of years. There should be an official role mod. I'm actually curious if this exists already
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 11:50:38 PM by thegoodperry »

It sounds like you're describing the permissions mod.

Looks like the "Moderator" orb is never going to show up.
Removing the download when I update the thread later today. It was obviously an editing experiment, so I wasn't expecting anything positive from that.

change the admin rank on the playerlist? as in like having an M there instead of an A?
Yes. This is exactly what started this.

I'm still trying to get a firm grasp on TorqueScript. It's definitely not a cakewalk, however, I take all the feedback I can get so I can use it for future projects.

I'm fixing up the forum topic and taking QuadStorm's suggestions, the thread should be updated soon.
Update released. Removed the addon edits because they're horrible. Changed that section to changelogs.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 08:03:31 AM by Rocket Launcher »

are there any prefs for blg?