I ain't been feeling too hot recently. (rant)

Author Topic: I ain't been feeling too hot recently. (rant)  (Read 1532 times)

this could just be fueled by the lo-fi hip hop beats to jack off to that i'm listening to, but for quite a bit now, I've been feeling real out of it. like, I got no friends other than ones over the internet, while yeah, these friends are cool af, I can't really socialize the same as say, people next to me. I can totally say something like "purge furries something something I wanna kill myself (something else edgy here)" with people online, and get a guffaw or two, or a "same tbh" but like, if I were to say this stuff in public i'd most definitely get dead looks.
Basically, i'm antisocial. and i've trained myself up to a point where I can't really talk to people without fear of being looked sideways at. stuff sucks. I've been overly violent, like i'll break stuff like my keyboard over the smallest of things, spout obscenities over video game losses, the whole cringe neckbeard thing. Despite this fact, I can't lay a finger on someone, especiallly not animals. hell, I think I treat animals better than people. I don't know what's up but yeah, that's it. My personal hygiene is godawful. I really don't want to go much into it, but basically, i'll tell myself every night "brush your teeth man, it's been (x) amount of (days, weeks)" and I tell myself over and over, and I walk right by. I don't even remember what color my toothbrush is. I got entrepreneur les all over my face, I wear sweatpants and t-shirts one size too big outside (those moments when I do go outside) I hate talking about myself in the slightest, other than say, an autistic rant to a block forum (weird, right?)
My only skills, and to a very, very limited extent, are probably music and video games. as much as i'd like to pursue a career in music, where am I gonna go? the forget am I gonna do? like, I know a videogame company isn't gonna knock on my door and go "hey make music we give money thank u thank u" and i'm not even that good. I mean, I tell myself i'm not good. my dad says i'm good, but I just don't want to believe it. I guess that's another problem: I can't take a compliment. every time I hear "good job" my mind translates it to "forget you." and I hate it. I wanna be able to accept compliments. another is criticism. I become a babbling mess if i'm criticized, I become the human equivalent to a jar of jelly.
I'm all over the place rn. sorry.
Another thing I guess I can't do is get a job. Like, one of the very few things I actually TRY to do is get a job, so I can make money, so I can get what I want. Goods & services and all that jazz. I've sent out applications, resumes, attended job tryouts in my best wear, (which is only suit pants, a black dress shirt, and a hairtie. I use my normal Sketchers now brown, previously white shoes) and I put on my best "person face" where I act like a human being, saying stuff like "Hello Sir" and "Hello Ma'am" and stuff. I've yet to get even a "no" back from these places. I've applied to Target, Subway, Food Lion, some family mexican restaraunt (fat chance at getting that) and not a single response.
I just want to function like a human being.
Another thing I loving despise is my brother, and it isn't even for good reason. like, yeah he may be a sociopathic thieving forget, but I hate him because he's a loving PEOPLE PERSON. He dresses in flannels, beanies, glasses, skinny jeans, and he's had at least 7 girls on his richard at once. not that I care, I'm too fargone to even want to talk to people, let alone flirt, but if given the chance, i'd be happy. I try to be like him, my YOUNGER brother, and I can't. he's even a better musician. I feel like he's everything I could have been, keyword being have. I feel as though some days if I just walk into the forest and don't come back, the family will be back to barbecuing burgers on the dirty grill in the back, talking about the failure they once had. and yet at the same time, the only thing keeping me from actually trying anything is "but what IF they are sad". Yeah, a meme response but a response all the same. I love my Dad especially. He seems like the only one that cares about me at the moment. I mean, yeah my mom gives me a house to live under and clothing and stuff, but my dad, he's telling me what to wear, consistently reminding me to brush my teeth, we all eat at the table at the same time, it's a well rounded meal of fish, veggies, rice, and other things. I feel as though if I tried anything, I would have wronged him.  God DAMN this stuff hurts to type. I really do love him, he's a great dad. the only i've ever known, but I feel like he's doing the "dad" thing right, even if it's two different households. IDK man maybe I just need to spend some time away from electronics, go live on a farm or something, pet a pig or two, pick some eggs, play with the goats again.

I know i'm setting myself up to get laughed at over the internet by saying all this stuff, but I couldn't care less rn, I just want to get it off my chest. sorry y'all.

Hell while i'm here I might as well apologize to those i've wronged. Tony, you may be a raging friend, but that doesn't excuse what I did at all. posting that info and being a condescending forget and all. by the by, all you need to do is look up your internet handle and the info is there. I suggest requesting a takedown. Sebi, or Sebastian, or whatever the forget you want to be called nowadays, i'm sorry about calling your friend an unfunny edgelord. he just rubbed me the wrong way, and seemed to really force those edgy jokes. I wasn't aware it was a character. and i'm sorry for responding with that condescending (woah, big word twice in the span of 3 sentences) thumbs up.

low fi hip hop compilations and major depressive disorders go hand in hand. It's hard to tell which is a symptom of the other but they might both be symptoms of some larger, more serious mental disease. my friends at Harvard's psychology wing have been drafting an abstract on the phenomenon

Also you should focus on hygeine because if you're clean you feel a lot more confident. Like brush twice a day and shower once every day or two days. It's guaranteed that if you don't do this much people probably feel uncomfortable in your presence already. Or maybe they don't but you'd probably think they do. Clean up a bit and you'll totally feel better about yourself and stuff

first order of business is to get rid of them sketchers smh smh
venting is healthy, do u have a therapist
stop worrying about making your dad proud bc you can’t make anybody proud if you aint proud of yourself. also perrys right on the hygiene thing

low fi hip hop compilations and major depressive disorders go hand in hand. It's hard to tell which is a symptom of the other but they might both be symptoms of some larger, more serious mental disease. my friends at Harvard's psychology wing have been drafting an abstract on the phenomenon
This might be off topic but for the sake of my deepest of interests, can you send me any bit of information on psychology phenomenon related to the types of music that people listen to? I have a great interest in psychology, sociology and media (I take them for A level) and I notice a strange pattern. I notice people watching 13 reasons why and they get extremely depressed (my guess is due to the social learning theory as well as other theories of identification) I also notice people that listen to emo rap and they're just insanely suckered into a never ending amount of "depression". The issue with music is that it is more complex than just lofi hip hop. I might be generalizing but I want to get the point of this, I've even written a rant myself on tumblr's glorification of depression (which isn't as intellectual looking over it today in contrast to what I have learnt)

but yeah, anything they've written please PM it to me if you can. It would be greatly appreciated

What drydess said also please don't walk into a forest and never come back because it's natural to underestimate how much your friends and family care about you. Even your enemies will feel sad if something were to happen to you. Please don't consider that as an option. I know you're just venting about all these feelings and not expressing a ton of suicidal thoughts but that stuff about nobody missing you is wrong so please don't go down that route

I dunno if it'll help too much, but you can always try going for a morning run if your neighborhood is safe enough.

You're not in late stage puberty are you?

first order of business is to get rid of them sketchers smh smh
venting is healthy, do u have a therapist
stop worrying about making your dad proud bc you can’t make anybody proud if you aint proud of yourself. also perrys right on the hygiene thing
I wish I could drop the sketchers, but i've had em since 9th grade, and I think they're shaping my feet or something. they're the only shoes that fit me. I do have another pair of dress shoes I suppose I could try to break in when I can walk well again

This might be off topic but for the sake of my deepest of interests, can you send me any bit of information on psychology phenomenon related to the types of music that people listen to? I have a great interest in psychology, sociology and media (I take them for A level) and I notice a strange pattern. I notice people watching 13 reasons why and they get extremely depressed (my guess is due to the social learning theory as well as other theories of identification) I also notice people that listen to emo rap and they're just insanely suckered into a never ending amount of "depression". The issue with music is that it is more complex than just lofi hip hop. I might be generalizing but I want to get the point of this, I've even written a rant myself on tumblr's glorification of depression (which isn't as intellectual looking over it today in contrast to what I have learnt)

but yeah, anything they've written please PM it to me if you can. It would be greatly appreciated
I mean, I don't believe i'm depressed. I don't think i've ever wanted to continue watching the slop (opinion) that is 13 reasons why. I do understand the whole "listening to sad music makes you sad" and that's most likely what's been going on.

I dunno if it'll help too much, but you can always try going for a morning run if your neighborhood is safe enough.
I wish I had the spirit to even try. back in september I did something to my foot, and ever since that day i've been twisting it an awful lot.
stuffty mouse drawing image for what's going on every time I walk.

Started when I tripped down the stairs and my foot twisted both to the side and rotated. I mean I can walk, but not for extended periods of time. The fact that I missed a large concert because of this loving stupid foot thing makes it even worse. nothing's worse than limping to school at 7 PM to play the bass only to do the foot twist thing again, and rely on a stranger to pick up your sniveling ass and drive you home.

You're not in late stage puberty are you?
no

he has a ruptured achilles' tendon

Y'know I don't know what that comment was about I was just on some roll of tossing a bunch of garbage posts out there

I think It was a bit callous sorry

I mean, I don't believe i'm depressed. I don't think i've ever wanted to continue watching the slop (opinion) that is 13 reasons why. I do understand the whole "listening to sad music makes you sad" and that's most likely what's been going on.
It's good you didn't continue watching that stuff because I know people that watched it and became extremely sad or 'depressed'. One guy I knew who I lost as a friend (he's still alive, as in me and him stopped being friends) tried to do something after watching Hannah's death but thank the lord he didn't actually carry it out. On top of that, the series has actually been a source for teen Self Deletes as well as another case. Some people may see this as me just being another Jack Thompson but sometimes the media can actually impact a person in a serious way especially when on the topic of controversy. No one should sit through a stuff series like this, ever.

Now on the topic of music, from my perspective, lo fi hip hop does sound very sad at times and it can impact the person depending on the context. As you have said it made you want rant like this so if anything I'd stop listening to it if you can. Try something else like Kendrick Lamar for example. From my stance on music, the people that listen to Lil Peep a lot are constantly posting very depressive content on social media as well as boasting about taking drugs. It's not good at all