tony was right lol

Author Topic: tony was right lol  (Read 2830 times)

Let's throw a trick question at matthew

Ravenfield

Ravenfield
That's not a question.

Indie games like RUST are out performing games like F76.

People are noticing that AAA game studios are just producing diminished returns.

If thats the case then 90% of indie devs will be forgeted since they wont be able to make a profit of their garbage pixelstuff 2d platformer that like every other nostalgia pandering piece of stuff that comes out of that scene.
not those ones. those are terrible. i mean games like forgetin into the breach and factorio and other good stuff. not the stupid rpg maker esque pixel games that suck ass or metroidvanias. games that actually explore and reinforce new mechanics that other games dont, and are designed in abstract ways. platformers are like the least abstract stuff out there but im sure anyone could introduce a new mechanic that changes the way the platformer is played. braids a good example
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 04:18:43 PM by thegoodperry »

I thought VR failed, wtf.
VR failed at its first impression.  it's actually been doing pretty well for itself and has had a collection of really good titles so far, but the price requirement is fairly steep (being that you have to buy both the headset and a console or graphics card that's designed to handle it) and afaik its initial performance and selection was pretty bad

Ravenfield
Yeah what FPS lets you pit Thanos and Bacon Hairs in a warzone with GoldenEye weapons

actually after saying that out loud it sounds loving horrible

the unfortunate part is that they'll probably recover and things will resume as normal
Yeah, that's what they thought with the Lehman Brothers and of course everything 'resumed as normal' with them didn't it?

Too big too fail!

Two industry giants having a bad end to the year doesn't mean the whole industry is dying. I said the same thing before but Tony just sort of glossed over it because he didn't really have a podium to preach from otherwise.

Plus the reason their stocks dropped wasn't because their games are stuff lol, that isn't how this works at all

indie is actually getting big right now.

Indie devs are not afraid to lose money by appealing to specific groups of audiences so their games gets away with more stuff. So they aren't afraid to try something new.

Big AAA game devs are afraid to try new stuff so they just literally copy whatever works. Every big ass AAA game studio is now adding battle royale mode because it worked for a popular indie game.

Two industry giants having a bad end to the year doesn't mean the whole industry is dying. I said the same thing before but Tony just sort of glossed over it because he didn't really have a podium to preach from otherwise.
Plus the reason their stocks dropped wasn't because their games are stuff lol, that isn't how this works at all
i wouldn't bother telling tony this tbh, whatever he can't argue in circles about he just outright ignores.  he's been doing it for almost a decade now and at this point it's hard to tell if he's just maintained master troll status for years on end or has dipped into some form of insanity

it's hard to tell if he's just maintained master troll status for years on end or has dipped into some form of insanity

There's no way a troll could keep their payoff under wraps for this long. At this point I'm fully convinced it's a form of insanity.
The ironic thing is that if he were a troll, the entire payoff died on the vine years ago.