forget science news

Author Topic: forget science news  (Read 1232 times)

These bastards are as bad if not worse than dipstuffs like Humble Water Filter Merchant.

Impending* Galactic Crash Could Rip Open the Black Hole at the Milky Way’s Center

So, if you would for a second, imagine this scenario.
A (debatebly irrational, buy ironically average) person reads the above article, and this is their reaction.
loving click bait, I hate this shi-

Quote from: the article
The end of the Milky Way as we know it may come a few billion years ahead of schedule.

Oh stuff.

Quote from: also the article
According to a new paper published Jan. 4 in the journal Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, our home galaxy appears to be on a crash course with one of its nearest satellites, the spiral of stars known as the Large Magellanic Cloud (LMC).

OH stuff. I NEED TO SELL EVERYTHING, NO POINT IN HAVING ANY OF THIS WORTHLESS stuff. Time to make amends with family and friends, do what I've always wanted to do then PARTY!

*Keys clacking at ludicrous speed*

WAIT, BUT I CANT POSSIBLY DO IT ALL, I NEED TO PLAN, forget! HOW MUCH TIME? I hope it's not less than three or four da-

*Impending in about 2-3 billion years

WHAT!? forget YOU SCIENTISTS MY HOUSE IS loving GONE, MY LIFE SAVINGS, ALL GONE! FUUUCK

These fearbaiting titles and misleading introductory paragraphs could very easily ruin lives, maybe not as dramatically, but it could still cause major decisions to be made on a whim.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 02:02:18 PM by Master Matthew² »

These titles could very easily ruin lives, maybe not as dramatically, but it could still cause major decisions to be made on a whim.
no

what

no reasonable human being would do this

can you name a single person youd legitimately think would actually act like this

It feels like you're complaining for complaining's sake. Stop being such a bitch all the time lol

what

no reasonable human being would do this
How many people are reasonable? I certainly wouldn't say most are.

OP sure loves to fearmonger about stuff that no sane person will go insane over
there are different definitions of "reasonable". i'm pretty sure 99.9 percent of people fall under the definition of "not losing their stuff over the title of an article stating a scientific observation".

How many people do you personally know? On at very least an acquaintance level. You sure do love to make a lot of matter-of-fact statements.

-master matthew, a scientist
you watch way too many movies lol

more than enough are reasonable enough to not do such dramatic and dumbass things in the span of a minute after reading a single news article online

and the ones who arent probably wouldnt believe such news, or even read them. being a conspiracy theorist/paranoid nut doesnt exactly engender interest in scientific discovery and news.

WHAT!? forget YOU SCIENTISTS MY HOUSE IS loving GONE, MY LIFE SAVINGS, ALL GONE! FUUUCK

Who the hell sells their house during this kind of situation

if the large megallanic clouds crashed into us they would still be nowhere near us and don't even have enough pull to turn us into a tadpole galaxy. why are you reading science magazines about literal galaxy crashes without reading up first or are you just a fearmonger
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 03:13:01 PM by Unova2 »

These bastards are as bad if not worse than dipstuffs like Humble Water Filter Merchant.
1,000-Man Mob Attack Police, Set Germany’s Oldest Church Alight on New Year’s Eve

*literally lies about an event that never happened in order to push political agenda* matthew sleeps
*obvious click bait about world ending soon* matthew AWOKE

do you consider yourself reasonable

Who the hell sells their house during this kind of situation
somebody expecting the slowest end of the world in history based on the market right now