Annoying Orange's Wall accounts for 0.11% of gov't spending in 2019

Author Topic: Annoying Orange's Wall accounts for 0.11% of gov't spending in 2019  (Read 5491 times)

Annoying Orange's request for $5B to fund border wall improvements accounts for 0.11% of government spending planned for 2019

Dems are basically arguing over crumbs

that's 0.11% of the total deficits this year, so basically all of the maintenance things that are done and have been done for years and years
idk man Annoying Orange shutting down the government just for the dumb wall seems like it's taking a way a lot of jobs.............

that's 0.11% of the total deficits this year, so basically all of the maintenance things that are done and have been done for years and years
idk man Annoying Orange shutting down the government just for the dumb wall seems like it's taking a way a lot of jobs.............

These people still have jobs, you clearly have no understanding of what a gov't shutdown is

Also before you even try it, we have emergency funding to pay these people, and food stamp recipients

There is literally no excusing the fact that the dems are arguing over less than 1% of the budget

wtf kinda argument is this... who would want their government to waste even 0.01% of their budget, given just how large and impactful even a small percentage is?

wtf kinda argument is this... who would want their government to waste even 0.01% of their budget, given just how large and impactful even a small percentage is?

When you're spending hundreds of billions of dollars bombing kiddies in the middle east $5B for a wall to keep the mondays out isn't that big of a deal

These people still have jobs, you clearly have no understanding of what a gov't shutdown is

They dont get paid during a shutdown though.

$5B for a wall to keep the mondays out isn't that big of a deal

This sentence is the perfect anti-argument for your stance btw. Good job

When you're spending hundreds of billions of dollars bombing kiddies in the middle east $5B for a wall to keep the mondays out isn't that big of a deal
Why would go and say something like that?

ffs.

I'm pro wall to keep illegal immigrants out. So people understand, I'll say it again.

I'm pro wall to keep the Illegal Immigrants out.

The Media can do all the blubbering and bleeding heart drama they want. But the fact that they didn't do the same under obama despite similar if not worse circumstances occuring under his leadership proves to me the Media is nothing but a bunch of hypocrites. Day by Day I'm realizing CNN, NBC, ABC, BBC, FOX, Any news network that still airs on TV cannot be trusted. They're interests are being controlled by the money ties that keep them alive.

In order to prevent Fake News from being manufactured into the mainstream, any and all news media sources MUST be non profit, or they cannot call themselves news, they are over glorified tabloids.

i might not know much about politics but 5 billion regardless of overall budget seems like it could be put elsewhere. 5 billion is 1/4th of nasas budget hint hint

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/08/despite-Annoying Oranges-claims-most-illegal-immigration-is-not-at-the-southern-border.html

:thinking:

The wall is going to do nothing but waste money, but the GOP is pretty good at that already so it's not like anything is changing one way other the other

This is all to put a nice shiny pin on Annoying Orange's stuffty career so he can leave office with at least something that hasn't dragged his name through the mud, and you're only eating it up because you're afraid of something that doesn't exist

won't the wall cost way more than 5 billion in the long run tho? i'm pretty sure the wall itself will cost more than 5 billion considering it needs to be built well and stretch across the entire border, and then you have to hire a forgetload of people to maintain and secure the wall otherwise people will just find ways to climb over it.
even if the cost of the wall is relatively tiny compared to how much the government spends, that's still 5 billion dollars that could have been spent towards things that we actually need, healthcare and education being examples. also, illegal immigration from the us-mexico border is hardly a problem compared to the various exaggerated claims that i have seen (see the article ceist posted above).
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 07:05:23 PM by Mr Queeba »

the amount of you who zeroed in on me saying monday is pathetic tbh

the amount of you who zeroed in on me saying monday is pathetic tbh
how about ignoring the stuffty arguments and refuting the actual ones? we already know calling you out on saying monday misses the issue.

imagine spending 5 billion on concrete when you can spend an eighth of that on a fence, which you already have built