Help creating a keypad with default events / cRPG security methods

Author Topic: Help creating a keypad with default events / cRPG security methods  (Read 1485 times)

Hi, I've gotten really addicted to CityRPG and would like to protect my drugs better. If anyone could show me a way to create a simple keypad to use, it would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to seem needy either but if you could also show other ways to protect your drugs would be super helpful.

thanks in advance

You can make a keypad that enables a chain of events on other bricks. i.e. if you press '4' it enabled an event on '7' that enables an event on '3' etc etc.
There isn't a single protection method that works though because anyone can just save the map and look through the .bls for events.

snaily made a fun colour combo lock that was changeable in the back
it was a 1x1 plates stacked in a 2x3 to give 6 buttons, red/green/blue, using projectiles/relays to verify the code

if you post what the interface looks like, i'm sure the events wouldn't be too difficult to come up with (as well as if the code should be mutable or static)

If you want to make a keypad type door or typically a keypad for anything VCE is the way to go -  you could also use the keypad events found here https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=314727.0 although that level 'security' usually isnt needed unless you are doing something more complicated than it should be in which case you might need both

Sorry for the double post, I know you were asking for a default way to pull this off but there isn't any unless you want a whole lots of events

This is possible with projectile events if you’re looking for the default route. I can post a system if you’re still in need.

You can make a keypad that enables a chain of events on other bricks. i.e. if you press '4' it enabled an event on '7' that enables an event on '3' etc etc.
There isn't a single protection method that works though because anyone can just save the map and look through the .bls for events.
This is what I always do. If someone is dedicated they can reverse it by looking through a save of the build, but you can make it much more difficult for them by using nonsense brick names. In most cases it is more than enough protection.

ya this

I'd do 3 numbers, every number but the first one has raycasting off, then clicking the right number = the next number has raycasting on, then the last one will have raycasting on which'll open the door, and reset the raycasting

ya this

I'd do 3 numbers, every number but the first one has raycasting off, then clicking the right number = the next number has raycasting on, then the last one will have raycasting on which'll open the door, and reset the raycasting
If you do that though people can figure out the correct key by just shooting them or something. Using chains of setEventEnabled is marginally better.