Author Topic: Public Minigame?  (Read 3159 times)

Just like how public bricks are a thing, I know gamemodes have minigames too that aren't owned by anybody except the server itself, combining that with public bricks and everything works just fine. However without making a gamemode with a minigame to boot up itself, is it possible to make a public minigame through like the console or, just overall is there any kind of way to make a minigame not owned by anybody specific except the server itself?

- My main goal mostly is to just have both public bricks combined with a minigame that accepts public bricks so there's no interference without making a gamemode add-on. For example in case this sounds more confusing then specific, bots don't work as public bricks when you make a minigame since the minigame is owned by you. You can't damage bots, they wont react to you, its not owned by the minigame because they're public while the minigame only uses your specific bricks. I'm assuming its possible, if it is, how would I go about to do this?

If the minigame is a slayer minigame and is set as default you can use this
Code: [Select]
slayer.minigames.defaultminigame.creatorBLID = blid;Just set the blid to the public ID which i think is 888888

I'm guessing new minigameSO(); or something along those lines would work. You'd probably need to populate a few fields for it to work
This doesn't work
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 11:08:00 AM by PhantOS »

If the minigame is a slayer minigame and is set as default you can use this
Code: [Select]
slayer.minigames.defaultminigame.creatorBLID = blid;Just set the blid to the public ID which i think is 888888

I loaded up the map through serverDirectSaveFileLoad("saves/CrystalScape FINAL2.bls", 3, "", 2);
so that the game loads as public bricks which goes under the same BL_ID you mentioned so it is the correct public id, however -
This happens.
Minigame events also do not work, which would mean that the minigame and the bricks aren't corresponding, unless I put that command in wrong all I did was type it into the console and I got that result.

make sure the bricks are under the same bl_id as the minigame

make sure the bricks are under the same bl_id as the minigame
It is though.

Edit: I'm assuming the command Brighter Dark suggested shouldn't just be thrown into the console after the minigame was made, so I'm not sure what the better approach is.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 03:17:22 PM by Gautier00 »

Well none of the minigame events work and I can't hurt bots, so for some reason its not working as expected.

I got it, you have to make the minigame first and apply the id then load the map, apparently that's all it took to fix it, thanks for the help. Locking.

Edit: Bots still don't take damage but all the events work, not sure whats happening now.
I spawned my own bot and the bot took damage while in the minigame, so for some reason minigame events work now but the minigame is mine and not linked under a public id, this is really confusing.

Idk if this is the case but considering there's no user with the bl_id 888888 on the server, that could be why the bots don't work but idk a solution.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 05:20:00 PM by Gautier00 »

make sure bot damage in the minigame is turned on

make sure bot damage in the minigame is turned on
All the basic principles you would need enabled for everything to work is set already, its just not working.

Maybe you could do on_minigame_reset>bot>respawn_bot?

Maybe you could do on_minigame_reset>bot>respawn_bot?
In my case it isn't that simple, this thread requesting for help is for a gamemode I've been working on for the last 8 months. Bots do not spawn until a level is selected basically, so when the game actually loads up, all the bots despawn right away and I have backup bricks on top of the spawn I can click to disable them officially as well. I've made a video overall showing the issue without just explaining it through my voice because clearly its confusing to explain it this way. Specially I'm struggling to process this through my head through text, so this clip should help out clarify the issue.

Click here to view it.

$DefaultMinigame = minigameobject;

$DefaultMinigame = minigameobject;
Does this work with slayer however