Blockland should become free to play

Author Topic: Blockland should become free to play  (Read 3843 times)

If Badspot had a few extra forum moderators I don't think there would be much of a problem

Problems with new moderators is who the forget do you trust?

Worse than this, is that there would be no incentive to moderate a forum. If they aren’t getting paid to make sure swathes of 14 year olds don’t break rules on an hourly basis, then the only thing they’d do it for is vanity. I wouldn’t trust 99% of this forum to take up a moderation mantle.

Im sure there would be at-least a handful of people willing to moderate these forums. For instance, I personally wouldn't mind doing it.
Should I be given that kind of power though? No, probably not.

How will badspot make money if the game is f2p? This move would end up costing him more since he would probably have to pay more for the server depending on how many people start playing.

And who's to say he wants the game to be alive? If he did don't you think he would've added workshop support on steam at some point in the past 6 years?

Badspot did ask everyone to log off right loving now and kill themselves.

How will badspot make money if the game is f2p? This move would end up costing him more since he would probably have to pay more for the server depending on how many people start playing.

And who's to say he wants the game to be alive? If he did don't you think he would've added workshop support on steam at some point in the past 6 years?
Honestly If he did that, the game would probably have been super popular. But sandbox games aren't really as popular as they once were.

the only reason for moderation here is basically to powertrip or for vanity to make you seem cooler in the community. all of the sane people left for a very good reason and now we're down to the bottom of the barrel in terms of users

Also, blockland is a 11~ year old game at this point and has had it's prime already. All of the users abandoned it. It was never a smash hit in the first place. There was absolutely no way to prevent it dying and there never will be
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 04:41:49 PM by Unova2 »

If he wanted the game to die, he could have pulled the plug on the master server long ago.
I doubt he wants the game to die. He most likely wants the community to stop being a tumor.

the only reason for moderation here is basically to powertrip or for vanity to make you seem cooler in the community. all of the sane people left for a very good reason and now we're down to the bottom of the barrel in terms of users

Also, blockland is a 11~ year old game at this point and has had it's prime already. All of the users abandoned it. It was never a smash hit in the first place. There was absolutely no way to prevent it dying and there never will be

why is everything you post so stupid

What I dont understand is why users that have nothing to say other than "lol, games dead. Why try and make things better?" still stick around on the forums.
Are you just here for that epic community we have?

What I dont understand is why users that have nothing to say other than "lol, games dead. Why try and make things better?" still stick around on the forums.
Are you just here for that epic community we have?

they're literally here just for the drama and are mad that the forums slowed down, like unova and now are pretending they have no stake and that everyone is beneath them

i still play the game with friends and lurk/post occasionally and i dont think about it harder than that, so i dunno what his big forgetin deal is lmao

Worse than this, is that there would be no incentive to moderate a forum. If they aren’t getting paid to make sure swathes of 14 year olds don’t break rules on an hourly basis, then the only thing they’d do it for is vanity. I wouldn’t trust 99% of this forum to take up a moderation mantle.
what about the motivation of “i love this game and want to see it survive as best as it can”? being a contributor or moderator isn’t always entirely or even significantly driven by vanity.

Probably someone whose been around for a long time and knows how the forums work

Ahh yes well there's Lord Tony of course hes been around for a bit

I wonder if he'd be a good moderator 🤔
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 05:44:05 PM by Mardalf »

Ahh yes well there's Lord Tony of course hes been around for a bit

I wonder if he'd be a good moderator 🤔
Perhaps, but personally, i'd prefer someone like Spation, NKL, Ephialtes, trainman1, or HogOfDeath

what about the motivation of “i love this game and want to see it survive as best as it can”? being a contributor or moderator isn’t always entirely or even significantly driven by vanity.

Sure that’s why I said 99%. Anyone could contribute for that role out of altruism and honesty, but I don’t think that’s most of us.