Blockland should become free to play

Author Topic: Blockland should become free to play  (Read 3844 times)

Oh yeah, move to reddit. That way any addon creators will get instantly banned for "self promotion".
Mmmmm, reddit is a good website.
this isn't  a part of the reddit content policy afaik. i think rules like this are subreddit specific.

I made a post about my indie game asking for opinions and was immediately banned for 'self promotion'.
It was really cool.

This game would do much better if it was free.

On the topic of free to play, I feel that by this point the game should go FTP. Badspot has moved on, but the community hasn't. I feel that if the player count does arise from the FTP platform, it would be up to the community to adopt a microtransaction standard. Games like Minecraft and Gmod have countless of servers that do charge for extra items or privileges. Badspot doesn't really profit much on this game anymore, but those who create custom content from their severs do. For somebody who wants to host a server and wish to make a few extra bucks to either keep the game alive or for other economic uses, the can add content that is only unique to their server and unavailable anywhere else, forcing players the only option to experience the content for themselves.

On the topic of free to play, I feel that by this point the game should go FTP. Badspot has moved on, but the community hasn't. I feel that if the player count does arise from the FTP platform, it would be up to the community to adopt a microtransaction standard. Games like Minecraft and Gmod have countless of servers that do charge for extra items or privileges. Badspot doesn't really profit much on this game anymore, but those who create custom content from their severs do. For somebody who wants to host a server and wish to make a few extra bucks to either keep the game alive or for other economic uses, the can add content that is only unique to their server and unavailable anywhere else, forcing players the only option to experience the content for themselves.
wtf how would you add microtransactions to a blockland server lol you gay brother

this would make me stop playing blockland

easy money we can scam people

You know what? F*** it. This games needs to be free to play! I don’t care how many crappy servers we have. Having this wall ain’t gonna save this game. It’ll be interesting on what people can come up with. Maybe we’ll get a crapload of new game modes and content from players. Yeah they’ll probably be god awful, but it’ll be something. Maybe we’ll get a few diamonds in the rough. I’ll tackle whatever’s thrown at me. At least I can experience it and tell stories about my adventures. The possibilities would be endless. We’ll see.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:59:26 PM by cblock360 »

The very existence of this thread proves demand. Demand means free is bad. Badspot has nothing to gain from giving it away lol... even if it is dead.

I mean, I guess? Demand from the same 20~ people can only get you so far.