AdBlock Chrome Extension not working on Youtube.

Author Topic: AdBlock Chrome Extension not working on Youtube.  (Read 1211 times)

Anyone else suddenly have Adblock not work on Youtube video advertisements, where it just removes the yellow blotches on the video progression line and makes every ad unskippable.

Yes, this has been a known problem for a while. I use ublock instead and an anti-anti adblock script with greasemonkey just to be safe.

Are you using AdBlock Plus? That's still working for me

why not just watch the ad and support the content you enjoy

imagine having the choice to magically produce 5 cents out of thin air and give it to a struggling content creator... but you said 'na where adblok at :thinking'

why not just watch the ad and support the content you enjoy
imagine having the choice to magically produce 5 cents out of thin air and give it to a struggling content creator... but you said 'na where adblok at :thinking'

I refuse to support YouTube until:
They fix their stuffty anti-user ruleset.
They fix their stuffty ad system
They stop doing stuff like the 2018 rewind.

Also 9/10 of these ads are on copyright claimed videos, so the creator gets nothing from the ad revenue.

I refuse to support YouTube until:
They fix their stuffty anti-user ruleset.
They fix their stuffty ad system
They stop doing stuff like the 2018 rewind.

Also 9/10 of these ads are on copyright claimed videos, so the creator gets nothing from the ad revenue.
you aren't supporting youtube by watching ads, you're supporting the channel. jesus loving christ. and did you just assert that 9/10 of all videos on youtube are copyright claimed, or did you assert that 9/10 of the videos you watch on youtube are copyright claimed... because if its the latter thats loving sad and you need to watch some non alt right cuck channels like mr beast lol

this has to be one of the most misguidedly selfish posts ive ever seen you make. never before has there been so much entitlement in one post. not only are you refusing to basically give free money at zero expense to yourself, you're blaming the free website for the dumb actions of those terrible channels that got themselves demonetized
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 11:00:27 AM by PhantOS »

That's what patreon/donations are for. I'm infinitely more willing to give someone $5-10 monthly than watching some lame ass ads.

If you are using uBlock Origin you'll probably need to go to the filter lists in the settings and update your stuff