TCI Events Blokospa Hot Tub V2

Author Topic: TCI Events Blokospa Hot Tub V2  (Read 1713 times)

My fifth gallery build.

About:
One of my best event builds to date, this build is a hot tub (no duh) packed full of extra features. It's not based
on any real-life hot tub (As far as i know). This is actually the second version of the Blokospa Hot Tub (hence the
V2), the previous version was bigger in size and wasn't nearly as appealing in design or events, so i redesigned it.

Tech Specs:
- The Hot Tub was built on a 32x32 baseplate
- The Hot Tub has a compact, yet elegant design (more compact than V1 anyway)
- There are Three retractable additions on the tub: a Music Control System (MCS), a set of Speakers, and a mini-bar.
- The Hot Tub has a retractable Cover that doesn't block any of the above features.
- All of the Hot Tubs features are controlled by a seven-button control panel

How does it work?
- Each button of the seven button control panel controls a different part of the hot tub. All the buttons are labeled with
a letter to represent what they do. P = Power, J = Jets, L = Light, D = Mini-bar, S = Speakers, M = Music Control System, C = Cover.
- Certain buttons can't be used while other features are active or inactive, You can't turn on the Jets without turning on the power,
or turn off the power without turning of the jets. In the same vein, you can't activate the MCS without Activating the speakers first and
you can't de-activate the speakers without de-activating the MCS
- The "C" on the control panel is "backwards" because it faces toward the hot tub stairs, its the only one of the seven buttons meant
to be used from outside the tub.
- The Cover button can't be used while at least one person is in the tub.
- The Music Control system allows you to select from one of eight music tracks to play on the speakers, all eight tracks are set to
default music currently, but anyone with a basic understanding of music bricks and events could customize said eight tracks.
- The Mini-Bar dispenses Blue Soda with a press of a button, you can either dispense drinks one at a time or all at once using a
special button. Thanks to Conan's Drinks, the Soda can actually be used just like an item, once your can is empty, just place it
back on the platform it was dispensed from, and the Mini-Bar will remove it for you, no clean-up needed.
- I chose Soda over Alcohol for two reasons: One, i dislike alcohol, i can't stand the taste, Two, i don't want drunk blockheads stumbling around and making a mess of my hot tub.

Screenshots of the Build

Full view of The Hot Tub:

Same as above, but with the cover on:

Full view of the hot tub with everything on and/or activated:

The Seven Button control panel as seen from inside the hot tub:

Same as above, but seen from outside the hot tub:

The Music Control System:

The Speakers:

The Mini-Bar:

Same as above, but with four blue sodas:

Just for comparison, here is version one of the Blokospa Hot Tub:

And here's a side-by-side of both hot tubs for further comparison:

Final Information
Ratings in the form of x/10 are optional
DO NOT flame or make negative posts
Constructive Criticism accepted, (as long as it is not harsh)
Other Criticism NOT accepted
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 08:54:15 PM by torak11 »

nice!!!!! how long did it take

nice!!!!! how long did it take
Thanks!

About a day, day and a half at most.

but does it have a diving board with a lifeguard on duty?

but does it have a diving board with a lifeguard on duty?

It's a hot tub, so no to both.

sacrilege

Nonsense. If i wanted to build a pool, i would've built a pool. But this is a hot tub, with water far
too shallow to ever make use of a diving board. This hot tub is also meant for personal use, so
no lifeguards either.

I like the idea of it, and some of the general design. The big event stuff is really cool too.

Never really been too fond of neon color designs for things like this though. Been playing a long time so I´ve seen a lot of the same stuff before. Although it certainly is a better design improvement than the first!

It´s also quite dull color-wise, if you do another one try adding some visually striking appeals to it :)

7/10
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 09:10:00 AM by Kore »

I like the idea of it, and some of the general design. The big event stuff is really cool too.

Never really been too fond of neon color designs for things like this though. Been playing a long time so I´ve seen a lot of the same stuff before. Although it certainly is a better design improvement than the first!

It´s also quite dull color-wise, if you do another one try adding some visually striking appeals to it :)

7/10

Thanks, i put a lot of work into the events to make sure they all worked properly.

Thats fine, not everyone likes the same color schemes, i get that. I've been playing a long time too, and i would imagine my taste in build design and color choice have likely been affected by other builds i've seen over the years.

That is true, but i have a reason for that. I don't use a lot of color because i don't want it distracting from the build itself, i've seen builds that i'm sure were great, but i never knew for sure as i was often turned off by loud, distracting color schemes. Thats why i'm careful when using color. Making a build visually striking is important in a way, i did have that sort of thing in mind when i loaded my origional hot tub, however, a build doesn't need to have an overly bright color scheme to be visually striking. Basically, i prioritize design and function over color choice.