Is there a place where I can use a cnc?

Author Topic: Is there a place where I can use a cnc?  (Read 1102 times)

I need to cnc some stuff and I dont feel like paying $50 for someone to do it for me
I looked around for hackerspaces or machine shops but didnt find anything, is there something else?

No one is going to let you use their 5-6 digit expense machine for free, especially someone who’s never touched one to begin with.

Frankly, $50 seems like a great deal.

uni workshop? what do you need it for

why do you need cnc? you can buy manual lathes and mills for roughly $150-300.

No one is going to let you use their 5-6 digit expense machine for free, especially someone who’s never touched one to begin with.

Frankly, $50 seems like a great deal.
I never said free. Ill gladly pay for materials and a fee to use the machine. I dont want to pay for the manual labor for something I can do myself

uni workshop? what do you need it for
Not in school but if I was that would probably be a good place to look.
Its for a prototype part for a dcs a-10c panel
why do you need cnc? you can buy manual lathes and mills for roughly $150-300.
Im poor and ive got no place to store lathes and mills even if I had money.

no for real though, without any machining experience or at least knowing the right guy, you're not gonna get your hands on programmable lathe/mill. do you actually have any experience programming CNC outputs and changing tools? your best bet is to contact a freelance workshop and just pay the fee.

dcs a-10c

Never thought I'd find anyone else on this forum that plays DCS lol

no for real though, without any machining experience or at least knowing the right guy, you're not gonna get your hands on programmable lathe/mill. do you actually have any experience programming CNC outputs and changing tools? your best bet is to contact a freelance workshop and just pay the fee.
Did twice for a school project last year
altho most of the settings were already done for me

Did twice for a school project last year
altho most of the settings were already done for me
yeah that won't cut it m8. you're gonna have to do it manually or get someone to make it for you.

CNC’s can wildly vary and the material you cut on requires specific settings for each task. If you’re interested in learning, see if your community college offers training or something.