Author Topic: A cool little trick to have good looking shaders with low-medium perfomance  (Read 881 times)

Do you struggle with builds that has a high brickcount when playing at high, very high or max shaders? Well I've figured out a way to have a setting that looks good on medium without using the dodgy default shaders.

For that you'll need Hata's Shader Toggle (download it here, thanks to Conan) and use Port's New Soft option, basicly since this shader makes the shadows very soft in a certain distance, you won't notice the pixelated edges from the default shadows, it'll look quite good even on medium shaders and it won't affect your perfomance, that is if you don't have any trouble playing on medium shaders, here's a comparison on Brickitect's Server.

Default Medium Shaders

Port's New Soft Medium Shaders

This is an intense build with almost 200k bricks, at high my perfomance drops to less than 30FPS, but on medium with this shader I manage to do 60fps most of the time just fine and it still looks good, some of you might already know that but I thought it would be interesting to share.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 01:09:05 AM by Filipe »

:o i may actually have to try this later

Using an pre-configured edit of my do-it-all shader, you can also achieve this using Graphix. The shader comes with subtle upgrades over time too, with default shaders in particles, somewhat better fog falloff, a more vivid glow effect, and shadow opacity for more depth in shadowed areas, while the performance impact should be roughly the same. The shader has a ton of configuration options if you really want the perfect shader for screenshots only (where performance is far less important) or other cases.

Using an pre-configured edit of my do-it-all shader, you can also achieve this using Graphix. The shader comes with subtle upgrades over time too, with default shaders in particles, somewhat better fog falloff, a more vivid glow effect, and shadow opacity for more depth in shadowed areas, while the performance impact should be roughly the same. The shader has a ton of configuration options if you really want the perfect shader for screenshots only (where performance is far less important) or other cases.
Well that's pretty useful thanks for sharing.