vinyl thread again

Author Topic: vinyl thread again  (Read 2264 times)

just sold a bunch of pink floyd and elton john vinyls for a good price. not much use for me personally but they’re cool ngl

just sold a bunch of pink floyd and elton john vinyls for a good price. not much use for me personally but they’re cool ngl

grrrrrrrrr did you have animals? i really want it :(.

its rare and sells for tons of $$$$$$$ either he likes vaporwave or wants to make a fat profit (though i dont agree with scalping anything)
I unironically like vaporwave.
Altho im more into future funk. I have some ff cassettes (including a bootleg hit vibes!)

grrrrrrrrr did you have animals? i really want it :(.
used to oof

why would you buy a gay record for $20+ when you could listen to the SAME THING on utube for free????? the Jewish are at it again i see
he's right

except I use AIMP instead of youtube

not to mention you need to buy a loving record player in the first place if you actually want to listen to it

not to mention you need to buy a loving record player in the first place if you actually want to listen to it
yeah and most people in first world countries "need to buy a loving" smartphone to listen to their spotify/ apple play etc. music. what's your point?

why would you buy a gay record for $20+ when you could listen to the SAME THING on utube for free????? the Jewish are at it again i see

i only italicized that because i really had a good giggle there  :cookieMonster:.

anyways, this is really my own take on the vinyl collecting. for me, i really enjoy the physical aspect of owning records. yes, you can get cds for way the forget cheaper but they're really all not the same. for me, there's a certain nostalgia to it. my parents donated some records to my collection, same with other family members. i have some criteria for what to buy, but usually it's records that have truly changed my life for the better. for instance, i have ALL of daft punk's records except the tron soundtrack and the alive records. did i really have to do that even though it's on youtube? no, but i'm such a huge daft punk nerd that i ended up buying the records.

another huge point i want to make is equipment matters. do NOT buy a crosley. their needles are made of ceramic and WILL degrade your vinyl faster. try to get a decent used turntable from the 80's or 90's. i got my technics p-mount for literally $50, but i also happened to have old equipment already. you'd have to get a phono preamp and pc speakers to do it justice but it works man.

i still use spotify in my car. i still listen to cds. vinyl is just another medium to listen to music. listening to a whole album the old school way of listening to side a, flip the disk, then listen to side b makes some albums make more sense. i prefer to listen to vinyl on days i really want to just listen to music on a rainy day or some stuff. it's all a hobby in the end of it.

yeah and most people in first world countries "need to buy a loving" smartphone to listen to their spotify/ apple play etc. music. what's your point?
this dude really comparing buying a phone to a record player smh

this dude really comparing buying a phone to a record player smh
better example would be a manual car (in the us at least). it’s vintage