Cheap domains?

Author Topic: Cheap domains?  (Read 1051 times)

Google sells domains for $12 a year. That's what I use

There are cheap domains, but if you want to just buy a domain and code the html ground up, you'd be pretty much forgeted to put it short. Because I've really, really tried to find a site that'll let me buy a domain without forcing some modern site building bs down my throat. I honestly think it isn't possible.

Building a website with html ground up is so restricting and time consuming though. Why would you not want to use the tools that make it so much easier?
I really like Wordpress along side the Elementor plugin. Gives you full control over your theme with minimal html.

There are cheap domains, but if you want to just buy a domain and code the html ground up, you'd be pretty much forgeted to put it short. Because I've really, really tried to find a site that'll let me buy a domain without forcing some modern site building bs down my throat. I honestly think it isn't possible.
You obviously weren't looking very hard. Use namecheap, just always look at the 'retail price' as opposed to the one in big letters as they only charge that one for the first year.

squarespace™
sp and cheap are two very different things

https://www.namecheap.com/hosting/shared/
Most proper webhosting works the same way, you're offered site building tools but they're actually optional. You can always just find your ftp credentials and make the site up with any files you want to write.

On that note, Namecheap is definitely my recommendation as far as buying a domain goes. Their shared webhosting is pretty cheap and probably fine if your site is very low traffic, but something like Siteground might be better if you're looking for high quality and reliability in the hosting.