[NEWS] its now a felony to record police in illinois

Author Topic: [NEWS] its now a felony to record police in illinois  (Read 1531 times)

it is now a felony to record police in illinois without consent.

This is completely bullstuff if you ask me.

Guys! Don't reply to this post if you wanna prevent the Bruh War from impacting Blockland Forums. Or else Blockland 2 may never come out...

its already a misdemeanor to film anyone without their consent, pretty much across every state

its already a misdemeanor to film anyone without their consent, pretty much across every state
that's not true at all. it's totally legal unless in a place where privacy is expected (bathroom, changing room, etc.)

this thread is fake news. OP is spreading misinformation. per usual.

EDIT: Eavesdropping law, which makes it illegal to record/distribute in any sense of the word, a private conversation without the consent of ANY of the party members. E.G. using directional microphones to listen to the party without their knowing, casually recording said conversations without their knowing.

This applies to more than just altercations with the Police.

Living in the age of misinformation.

citation: http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/fulltext.asp?DocName=072000050K14-2

EDIT2: I really wish state laws were this easy to look up, some other states have loving horrendous web pages and it makes it hard to actually read their laws.
EDIT3:

(e) Nothing in this Article shall prohibit any individual, not a law enforcement officer, from recording a law enforcement officer in the performance of his or her duties in a public place or in circumstances in which the officer has no reasonable expectation of privacy. However, an officer may take reasonable action to maintain safety and control, secure crime scenes and accident sites, protect the integrity and confidentiality of investigations, and protect the public safety and order.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 06:33:51 PM by Ceist »

that's not true at all. it's totally legal unless in a place where privacy is expected (bathroom, changing room, etc.)
bruh... you just googled that

tony posting fake news yet again, weak tony

i do not consent to being recorded i dO NOT CONSENT

bruh... you just googled that
thats okay, as long as he learns some important REAL information.

You're telling me that I can't sneak into police officer's homes at night and film them sleeping in Illinois anymore? Wtf

thought the title was wrong lol, banning people from recording police during an arrest or something is next level authoritarian

this thread is fake news. OP is spreading misinformation. per usual.

EDIT: Eavesdropping law, which makes it illegal to record/distribute in any sense of the word, a private conversation without the consent of ANY of the party members. E.G. using directional microphones to listen to the party without their knowing, casually recording said conversations without their knowing.

This applies to more than just altercations with the Police.

Living in the age of misinformation.

citation: http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/fulltext.asp?DocName=072000050K14-2

EDIT2: I really wish state laws were this easy to look up, some other states have loving horrendous web pages and it makes it hard to actually read their laws.
EDIT3:

(e) Nothing in this Article shall prohibit any individual, not a law enforcement officer, from recording a law enforcement officer in the performance of his or her duties in a public place or in circumstances in which the officer has no reasonable expectation of privacy. However, an officer may take reasonable action to maintain safety and control, secure crime scenes and accident sites, protect the integrity and confidentiality of investigations, and protect the public safety and order.
So basically, impractical jokers has to inform everyone who they are pulling the joke on about the joke so they can be okay with it before they do anything

How original

So basically, impractical jokers has to inform everyone who they are pulling the joke on about the joke so they can be okay with it before they do anything

How original
impractical jokers film on staten island tho

How original

The earth is round