why is "force feed" normal while saying "force drink" sounds weird

Author Topic: why is "force feed" normal while saying "force drink" sounds weird  (Read 1684 times)

force feed sounds like it makes sense
but if you say force drink it sounds weird

it makes more sense if you say forced to drink

force feed sounds like it makes sense
but if you say force drink it sounds weird

it makes more sense if you say forced to drink
"""normal"""

is this you secretly coming open with your special interestes op?

"""normal"""

is this you secretly coming open with your special interestes op?
not talking about the action im talking about the word itself  and how you say it

But doesn't feed also mean drink sometimes?

because force-feed is actually one word and refers to both solid and liquid substances.
force drink is what a jedi does on a friday night

because force-feed is actually one word and refers to both solid and liquid substances.
force drink is what a jedi does on a friday night
thank you

because, currently, there is no word to give liquids to something else. there's "drench" but it's not used that way anymore, so if you were to use it, no one would understand.
the closest thing is the phrase to "feed and water" something but that almost exclusively applies to animals.
i suppose one could force-suckle another person but that implies that the other person is doing some kind of suction and sounds real dirty

not talking about the action im talking about the word itself  and how you say it
I'll force drink you.

because, currently, there is no word to give liquids to something else. there's "drench" but it's not used that way anymore, so if you were to use it, no one would understand.
the closest thing is the phrase to "feed and water" something but that almost exclusively applies to animals.
i suppose one could force-suckle another person but that implies that the other person is doing some kind of suction and sounds real dirty
this is a real problem we have to create a word for that it annoys me so much

this is a real problem we have to create a word for that it annoys me so much
well, drench already exists. just make that usage of it popular again

well, drench already exists. just make that usage of it popular again
force drench implies you pour the liquid not force to drink