Unpopular Opinion: Memes are and always have been Normie Humor

Author Topic: Unpopular Opinion: Memes are and always have been Normie Humor  (Read 1405 times)

It depends on the meme and how old/fresh it is

It depends on the meme and how old/fresh it is
False if someone else uses it it’s already tainted. Jokes are meant to be used once.

False if someone else uses it it’s already tainted. Jokes are meant to be used once.
Wouldn't it always stay fresh if it's always spread out? When it gets too thin and it snaps that's when it dies out in my opinion

A good joke has to be relatable. Most memes are too targeted towards specific groups to have real staying power.
Some get lucky, but most are just cookie cutter jokes that people dont have to set up themselves and can instead just share for cheap laughs.

I dont even think 'meme' can be classified as a joke anymore. It's become more of catch all term for popular online content.

< memes are normie humor
The answer is yes and no.

I dont even think 'meme' can be classified as a joke anymore. It's become more of catch all term for popular online content.
To be fair the definition of meme is something passed around, not necessarily something funny

Well most modern memes these days are horrible and unfunny. And most of the best ones are from 4chan and rarely Pleddit.

To be fair the definition of meme is something passed around, not necessarily something funny