Author Topic: [for gods sake] epicgames launcher is spyware  (Read 2191 times)

Guess i'll get rid of it but some files will probably stay

this entire image is overly aggressive - instead of being calm about it and talking about it in a more sensible tone it instead goes all batstuff crazy to hype people up and get them to join the epic games hate bandwagon. i have doubts this actually is proof that its spyware - looks more like syncing with steam and detecting anticheats to me. although i dont know much about the subject matter. could someone more clever about the details of this actually confirm if it's bullstuff or real? cause this image filled with red bold caps-lock-stuck text full of swearing makes me doubt it's actually real
i havent looked at other sources though.
ya this is how i feel about this for now too, it's hard for me to trust someone with an aggressive tone like this and it just makes it harder for me to fully believe. but it does seem at least some of it is true but not sure how big a deal it rly is. just don't want to worry about something i don't need to be worried about
to be fair your being spyed on by the nsa so who cares...
now see this guy gets it!

this was debunked as fake lol

tencent doesnt own enough share to dictate what epic does. this is real basic knowledge for someone who holds those opinions
Tencent owns like 1/3rd - 40%
Imagine being threatened to lose %40 of your companies value to some chinks just because you didnt want to embed spyware into your software.

Id do it tbh.

link so I can change my mind
read the comments of the twitter post lol its just a dude messin wit everyone

read the comments of the twitter post lol its just a dude messin wit everyone
got this image of someone who seems to know more about the subject debunking it calmly
(it's a long image u can click it if u wanna read it)
but tl;dr there's literally nothing to worry about
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 05:16:09 PM by gr8dayseth »

Tencent owns like 1/3rd - 40%
Imagine being threatened to lose %40 of your companies value to some chinks just because you didnt want to embed spyware into your software.

Id do it tbh.
exactly. 1/3 isnt enough to dictate stuff like this. listen i love LoL which means i dont likeTencent either but... look up how this works

exactly. 1/3 isnt enough to dictate stuff like this. listen i love LoL which means i dont likeTencent either but... look up how this works
Read my post again. I never said they could dictate anything.

then what am i agruing about? this wasnt tencent, this was epic.

FOR GODS SAKE OPEN THE SILO DOOR, IT'S OUR ONLY WAY OUT!

uhhhhhhhhhhhhh epic games still sucks becuz they made fertnite case closed good day forget off