Disney gains another infinity stone.

Author Topic: Disney gains another infinity stone.  (Read 816 times)

https://mcuexchange.com/fox-disney-acquisition-mcu-effect/

Welcome to the world of corporate takeover, and then everybody clapped.

so two major entertainment companies merge and master matthew is over here bawling his eyes out... why? it s like every business decision any entertainment company makes is a threat to your life matthew
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 12:34:12 PM by PhantOS »

so two major entertainment companies merge and master matthew is over here bawling his eyes out... why? it s like every business decision any entertainment company makes is a threat to your life matthew
i mean i hate monopolies and disney literally acquiring everything under the sun is quite alarming 

i mean i hate monopolies and disney literally acquiring everything under the sun is quite alarming
I see it as bringing together the talented employees of both agencies under one management

When you praise capitalism and despise communism but complain that a company is buying out another company.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 06:52:01 PM by cblock360 »

I see it as bringing together the talented employees of both agencies under one management
you do realize that like as companies grow bigger, individual creativity and expression gets suppressed? Google for example used to allow its employees to create a side project on paid time and work on things that weren't directly benefiting the company (with the idea that these projects could be roped in together and eventually turned into a full fledged google product/service) but they don't do that anymore.

there's also more focus on the bottom line and less risks are taken. idk about you, but although I enjoy mainstream media movie stuff like the mcu, i also really really /really/ appreciate "indie" kind of stuff that is more risky, like the shape of water. with a larger company, doing whats proven to make money is  going to be emphasized more than making new creative successes
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 06:35:35 PM by Conan »

This started in 2017 and is now finalizing in 2019, I don't understand the sudden frustration. Like homie, you've had two years to prepare for this outcome. It will be ok, the sun will still continue to rise and set, the world will keep spinning. If you don't like something then show support for change that you do like. It's ok to have hope.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 12:04:16 AM by sorrel »