EU approved the copyright directive

Author Topic: EU approved the copyright directive  (Read 2677 times)

So that's a thing. Now without any specifics on how the laws will be enforced, it's gonna be a fine mess.

Official EU press release <-- Details

BBC <-- Compressed
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 07:52:32 AM by Nicepoint »

how did this even happen? 4 yes votes in my entire country, and germany has been on the street for days?? what other EU countries???

how did this even happen? 4 yes votes in my entire country, and germany has been on the street for days?? what other EU countries???

When people tell you, repeatedly, your entire continent was a mistake, and you constantly ignore it, this is what happens

Not even remotely shocked, Europeans are dipstuffs and basically beg to get forgeted by the EU

At least China and NK kept their stuffty internet to themselves

Imagine being the one governing body to ruin the internet for everyone else
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 11:10:10 AM by Deus Ex »

When people tell you, repeatedly, your entire continent was a mistake, and you constantly ignore it, this is what happens

Not even remotely shocked, Europeans are dipstuffs and basically beg to get forgeted by the EU

At least China and NK kept their stuffty internet to themselves

Imagine being the one governing body to ruin the internet for everyone else
stop pretending to have 0 iq please

stop pretending to have 0 iq please
Oi, do you have a loicense for that insult?

now I can't use people's copyrighted property without their permission. this is the end of Civilization as we know it. humanity has truly entered the darkest of ages

stop trolling plantos

now I can't use people's copyrighted property without their permission. this is the end of Civilization as we know it. humanity has truly entered the darkest of ages
this is the end of Civilization
Civilization
Sid Meier is gonna sue you, enjoy your article 13.

do you actually believe the word 'civilization' is copyrighted

oh who am i kidding you believe activision is evil for cease and desisting some starfishs who were intentionally stealing their purple dragon's names and likenesses. of course you're going to hate this bill because giving content creators any ounce of power over their intellectual property is apparently communism

I am divided by this. On one hand people who exceed in using copyrighted materials and have made a living off of using those copyrighted materials in a creative new manner, however, this law quickly further divides people who create original ideas from those who take materials from others. This forces the truly gifted to put their brains into motion into creating original content, and for those who do not have the will that creative insight will be forced to find their living elsewhere.