EU approved the copyright directive

Author Topic: EU approved the copyright directive  (Read 2704 times)

imagine shilling for corporations as hard as phantos

now I can't use people's copyrighted property without their permission. this is the end of Civilization as we know it. humanity has truly entered the darkest of ages

Why the forget do you need copyright permission when using a meme on a random facebook group that has zero monetary value?

Don't be a loving lizard.

This stuff should be under fair use.

Why the forget do you need copyright permission when using a meme on a random facebook group that has zero monetary value?

this this this this

For once i sincerely agree with Tony

This is the most insecure statement Ive read in a while

I'd pagestretch a 17" screen if I dropped my richard pics

For once i sincerely agree with Tony
I will put Tony's post on my refrigerator and cherish it forever

the minion memes will disappear before our very eyes

im sorry but people who make original content that gets used throughout the internet without any actual credit or royalty aren't corporations you loving trog. both you and matthew fall on this handicapped self entitled spectrum where you think its people's obligation to feed content to the world for free and the moment they stop or decide that they want to restrict the use of their content they are overstepping their bounds. like loving how? they created it they should have a say in how they want it redistributed.

this whole law basically enforces copyright laws automatically so that small content creators don't have to spend thousands of dollars hunting down people who use their copyrighted content illegally and write a whole personalized cease and desist message. its identical to the NET Act. imagine loving complaining about a law that federally prosecutes you for pirating software because now you don't get to have free software anymore. imagine how much of a loving idiot you sound like that

if people want their stuff to be fair use they'll make it fair use. this copyright act is for the 80% of people on this planet who don't want to make stuff that people use without permission. saying "everything should be fair use" is basically identical to a communist government stealing capital and land from any form of business and saying "sorry but everyone deserves access to your property now"

if you want to make a meme where you scroll through images of crying cats while a sad song plays, find images of crying cats that are fair use. find a sad song that is fair use. find loving content where the creators actually let you use it for whatever you want. can't just grab a copyrighted song and copyrighted images and say "these are mine now" and loving use them. they aren't your property and you certainly can't monetize stuff that other people make without their damn permission, which is basically what all of youtube already does.

you don't get to determine the monetary or personal value of someone's own property, that's for the artist to decide. if they want their meme to be redistributed for free then they'll loving give permission for it, if not then they won't and you'll just have to loving cry about it.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 11:58:58 PM by PhantOS »

He's the forum bootlicker

He's the forum bootlicker
as opposed to an entitled sjw who wants the whole civilized world to bend towards their will so that they can make stuffty memes without royalty?

The amount of asinine crap that came out of this post is so great that the entire thread stinks of stuff now.

im sorry but people who make original content that gets used throughout the internet without any actual credit or royalty aren't corporations you loving trog. both you and matthew fall on this handicapped self entitled spectrum where you think its people's obligation to feed content to the world for free and the moment they stop or decide that they want to restrict the use of their content they are overstepping their bounds. like loving how? they created it they should have a say in how they want it redistributed.
First off, the article isn't going to be used in a way that will give copyright a FAIR usage for everyone in order to protect the copyright of a brand, instead it's going to be used AUTONOMOUSLY, likely in an exploitable fashion that will completely destroy the spread of information online. But I guess its okay for basically all corporations who can take the opportunity can now remove all reused images and videos that are being parodied for the sake of criticism because: "they don't want to have any mean things said about them!"

if people want their stuff to be fair use they'll make it fair use. this copyright act is for the 80% of people on this planet who don't want to make stuff that people use without permission. saying "everything should be fair use" is basically identical to a communist government stealing capital and land from any form of business and saying "sorry but everyone deserves access to your property now"

You clearly have no idea what the forget fair use is. You seem to think that fair use is basically just "oh here now it's yours to do whaaateeevveerr you want with," when most fair use laws clearly are to protect both the people who reuse items in a manner that is not violating copyright from other copyrighted materials and to protect the copyrighted materials from being used to a degree where its just piracy. Maybe make a 10 minute Google search for what fair use is before you spout complete bullcrap.

if you want to make a meme where you scroll through images of crying cats while a sad song plays, find images of crying cats that are fair use. find a sad song that is fair use. find loving content where the creators actually let you use it for whatever you want. can't just grab a copyrighted song and copyrighted images and say "these are mine now" and loving use them. they aren't your property and you certainly can't monetize stuff that other people make without their damn permission, which is basically what all of youtube already does.
How the forget do you think people make memes in the first place? Most people who take copyrighted songs and images get removed in the first place because of copyright laws. Also if what you said was in our laws, then almost every political commentary, parody, and review would be illegal.

you don't get to determine the monetary or personal value of someone's own property, that's for the artist to decide. if they want their meme to be redistributed for free then they'll loving give permission for it, if not then they won't and you'll just have to loving cry about it.
This is a complete oxymoron to what you've been arguing, since most memes are of copyrighted materials having the piss taken out of them.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 12:30:55 AM by Nigel The Protagonist »

Did none of you forgets even read the summary that OP posted? Memes aren't gonna be banned, I'm just gonna quote their press release since most of you have clearly fallen for the hysteria around this thing.
Uploading memes and other content generated by users for purposes of quotation, criticism, review, caricature, parody and pastiche (like GIFs or similar) will be specifically allowed.

Also master matthew please just use dysentry to make posts or whatever its called from now on, its getting kinda annoying see ur bitchute shilling every week