Can Tournaments (scenerys) be rehosted?

Author Topic: Can Tournaments (scenerys) be rehosted?  (Read 3665 times)

battlemix is the most fun server i have ever played on blockland, for the longest time i have experienced drug-like withdrawl from not being able to play it

:|

battlemix is the most fun server i have ever played on blockland, for the longest time i have experienced drug-like withdrawl from not being able to play it
i mean tournaments is fun too, so
battlemix blows what crack are u smoking
if you pitch together and pay me $100 on a gofundme i'll make an open-source tournaments gamemode and release it on the forums tomorrow but that probably wont happen so i'll probably bite anyways and just make it for free because im a dumb hack

but... if you gofundme for $500 i'll make tournaments into an actual game using unity and it'll be just like blockland tournaments except really good with more weapons and much better netcode

yea.. make it for free

battlemix blows what crack are u smoking
kno what else blows? your mom

kno what else blows? your mom
is posting blanks and quoting things without saying anything your new funny shtick

is posting blanks and quoting things without saying anything your new funny shtick
april fools!!

:-D IT IS!! IT IS!! AN IM  GIGLING OUT LOUD

:-D IT IS!! IT IS!! AN IM  GIGLING OUT LOUD
im glad u think im funny it means alot

yea.. make it for free
i have like no incentive to spend like 20 hours making tournaments

this draco says other wise

i have like no incentive to spend like 20 hours making tournaments
dont underestimate how much work it takes lol

unless you're using quake weapons/shield out of the box and not rebalancing/remaking/editing them.

dont underestimate how much work it takes lol

unless you're using quake weapons/shield out of the box and not rebalancing/remaking/editing them.
actually that 20 hour estimate is a generous overestimate. i already coded a simobject tournaments bracket like 4 years ago and it runs perfectly. it would take like 5-6 hours to get it to work, then another 5 hours to build some placeholder maps or some stuff, and maybe 10 hours to fully rebalance the entire quake pack which would surely drive any man insane

i generally feel compelled to produce new content but the urge to not give a forget has certainly become more powerful as the years progress. hosting servers is mentally draining and a hindrance on my well-being and pursuit of success and happiness. i honestly would only ever make and host a gamemode like this for a month if i got paid a substantial amount of money. it feels bad being that type of person that insinuates that i should make paid content but really taking the moral high ground is expensive. so forget that.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 11:40:21 AM by PhantOS »

yes rehost this please

ur leavin out the time it takes to design (if you dont just use gyt’s original design) + bugtest the spawning/minigame code, how to handle disconnects, elo, lobby and weapon selection, rewards, saving

sure just making a tournament bracket which matches people isnt hard, but that isnt all there is to a tournament server. id put the time estimate at double or three times your estimate, which isnt a lot tbh. eg one weeks worth of work assuming you can build fast and not get distracted

bruh... disconnects is just packaging the disconnect function and counting it as a loss. elo is just like 1000 and then elo decrements or if they win it increments. lobby is just... well... it can be greyboxed. and the weapon selection is stuff i basically already have at my disposal. i already made a balanced copy of quake pack like years ago with some additional weapons and stuff

it would take maybe 3 days if i worked continuously without pausing for any reason