"The Private Freebuild" personal messages

Author Topic: "The Private Freebuild" personal messages  (Read 1921 times)

So, I've been recently sent these PMs anonymously on discord, i thought they were rather interesting, have a look.
It's been a while since I've run my server, I really only use it to build my own projects and test basic add-ons. I usually have it set to a slate like environment, the starry skies are kinda comforting to look at and they don't usually distract from my builds. Only a few players have access to this server anymore, and I haven't seen most of them in over a year, so anytime someone joins it's refreshing. Sometimes the password leaks or I decide to give it out, but I usually end up changing it again soon after. Recently a new player joined, just a random blockhead although I don't remember his number. He asked if I had seen his friend, they apparently had just bought the game. I told him I hadn't, and that no one has joined this server in a long time. I asked him how he guessed the password, but the moment I did he left the server. Rude, but not really unwelcome, I'm falling behind on my projects anyway.

I have these ambitious projects on this server, for example once I was building a city. Not a big city but a small kind of town-city with lots of close buildings, I didn't ask why I just did as I was told. I usually put some ingame music on in the background, my computer can't really handle other programs running in the background, besides changing tabs takes away from the project. I really like "Icy", it's not like after school special, but I have to change it after a while, these short loops aren't really fun to listen to for long periods of time, I frequently change songs. I ended up getting sick of listening to whatever song I had on at the time, it might have been Ambient Deep but I don't really remember. As I was choosing another song I saw something across the corner of my screen. I set the music block to none and walked around my empty half-built city. I came across this house I hadn't really finished building, after searching for a short while I determined what I saw out of the corner of my eye was just a visual glitch, until I heard a vehicle spawn sound and walked outside to see a Jeep next to the house. I must have placed the spawn there for the house as a decorative vehicle. I figured someone must have joined when I wasn't looking, unfortunately I'd hadn't thought to check before. Chat didn't say anyone had joined, that makes sense however, I had made an add-on to circumvent an exploit another user made with joining and leaving messages. My player menu showed no one in the server. If someone joined and left, i'd have never known it. They did manage to make me find this nice house I hadn't finished, but I don't remember even starting it. These projects really do just blurr together.

I suppose I should talk about the exploit. Someone had used their name to input code into my server using another add-on I had installed. I know it could have been just as easy to remove the add on, but it was really useful for development. One day a player joined named something that ended up shutting down my game and then my computer. I lost hours worth of a building and he even corrupted my "cannibalHaven_2023" map. Needless to say I ended up behind. While delivering the bad news wasn't great, I got more projects in the end, so I can't complain.

I should get back to building now, I can't let these projects get any more behind.

reads like icygamma but with slightly more proper english

I was disappointed when it turned from possible psudo interesting creepy-pasta into, I don't even know what is this?

it wasnt me
I know who it was, but he asked me to leave him anonymous if I posted it anywhere.

I know who it was, but he asked me to leave him anonymous if I posted it anywhere.
Was it you? Are you secretly publicly advertising your private freebuild? 🤔

time to host a private server for my birthday and only invite cool kids

no wait conan but I wanna join

he just sent another PM

I recently finished most of my projects but I received another letter, so now I'm back to square one. I love these projects they really pay well and they're usually interesting but this next one is awfully tedious, but it's not like I have anything else to do. I have to place 2x2 plates in specific places and order. I'm not sure what this is meant for, but I really don't do these to know what they're used for or when. If this was more like the "corporate exodus" build I'd certainly be interested. I really loved the part where I had to build a circuit city, but I couldn't find out where the stains should be in the carpet. But this, this is just dull.

I should mention while finishing my previous city project I found out what was in the corner of my eye was a player. Must have been an NPC I placed, but it had some really unusual colors. It had a grey head, black torso and blue legs. I ended up destroying the brick it came from, I hope it wasn't too important.

No use in keeping this private anymore then

i dont know if this is some creepypasta or what but you hooked me

so this is the story of how master matthew became insane

its not possible to inject code using your name unless an add-on evals player name strings, which has absolutely no application and is probably the stupidest thing anyone could ever do. this entire post is fake and written by someone who doesn't fully grasp how torquescript works, which definitely matches up perfectly with master matthew's character