What are some common interview questions I should be prepared for?

Author Topic: What are some common interview questions I should be prepared for?  (Read 1861 times)

I have an interview as a part time Public safety officer tomorrow. Was just told today by the employer, so I don't have much time to prepare. Pretty nervous.

What are just some common questions that are asked? My previous job did not require an interview past the questions of, "what can you work and how much do you want"

always be prepared for the question 'what are your weaknesses?' and be sure to have at least one good question for the company you're applying to relevant to the job you're interviewing for.
i solve nervousness by keeping in mind that job interviews are for both the company and the applicant
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 11:49:29 AM by sleep »

Thank you I have been thinking about that one.  I will say "My handwriting." as its loving garbage, but that unfortunate trait isn't terrible.

I think one of the hardest questions is "tell me about yourself."

Uhh Im a loving loser who plays games most of my time and I attend college part time.

be ready for "why should we hire you" you would think that people dont ask this anymore but they do

have you done your daily exercises?
dont let the nervousness get to your head. realize that they know you’re likely nervous, esp since your resume is probably pretty bare, and that they will expect some of your responses to be shaky due to your nervousness.

“tell me about yourself” is actually just a litmus test question meant mostly to break the ice - how do you introduce yourself to strangers, what kind of impression do you give off. focus on being professional rather than complete in your answer - it can be as short as a sentence or two if you dont have much relevant info to share.
starting off with facts like your name, age, current education status, and maybe one or two long term goals (may or may not be relevant to job) is a good generic short answer if you’re unsure what to say.

you can google common interview questions and their goals/purpose. this interview isn’t everything, they’re probably not expecting a perfect interviewer,  so don’t sweat it too much if you stumble a bit.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 02:37:39 PM by Conan »

be ready for "why should we hire you" you would think that people dont ask this anymore but they do

fun fact: "I need the job" is never a good answer in case it crosses your mind

Uhh Im a loving loser who plays games most of my time and I attend college part time.

You're a hobbyist with a lot of future goals and you are making academic pursuits to fulfill those goals.

exaggerate everything you do, put some mild braggadocio on that bitch

I was gonna say something along the lines of "I can do the tasks given and provide excellent results" or some stuff

Asking this abstractly has become far more common. Be ready for something more like, "What unique talents can you bring to this company that would set you apart from other applicants?".

Make sure you break the interviewers hand when you shake it. It shows dominance and they immediately promote you to management.

You'd be surprised but be prepared for "what do you usually do when your all alone in the Canadian wilderness"

it's a more common question than you'd think.

so..... Howd it go big guy