viacom is getting cucked for the lack of net neutrality

Author Topic: viacom is getting cucked for the lack of net neutrality  (Read 1734 times)

so essentially you see the big internet companies get bigger so you remove a law that will allow them to get even bigger so that people will notice that it's happening?

isn't this like making murder legal to show how murder is a problem so people can take action against murderers by... making it illegal?

shouldn't you just argue for better laws to replace net neutrality instead of just stuffting on everything and removing all laws causing even greater harm in the first place? like, it would've been better to break up the big internet companies instead of just making a problem worse imo

matthew what grand plan solution to you propose to prevent corporate monopolization of the internet? you want it government controlled like china or are you just shouting into empty space

MM is a contrarian doomer

Breaking up these companies is a necessity.
And if they can't be broken up, then they need to be considered an appliance and not a general service.

ok I'll give word to the man upstairs to cripple our infrastructure thanks

Breaking up these companies is a necessity.
I agree.
ok I'll give word to the man upstairs to cripple our infrastructure thanks
you're an idiot

you're an idiot
???? you say this like there's some special world where domain over the internet isn't exploited

???? you say this like there's some special world where domain over the internet isn't exploited
You're argument is either anarchy or dictatorships.
What loving special world are you living in?

do you honestly think that the country we live in now is a dictatorship

its inevitable that large corporations become the backbone of internet infrastructure. its just too impossible to hold individuals accountable for network failures, physical or security - a corporation can be held liable, has the resources to fix issues, can implement large changes in standards (eg ipv4 >> ipv6), and can be audited (assuming the government actually does it). if the infrastructure was fragmented, it would be too hard to change and audit.

especially given how quickly internet technology is evolving, a distributed system just wouldnt work. plus you open lots of people up to exploitation through man-in-the-middle/on-path attacks - i strongly doubt a distributed infrastructure would have consistent and reliable security across all network nodes, considering how few people are actually aware of how computer and internet security works.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 07:50:26 PM by Conan »

an brown townogy can be made here to public utilities companies. its just not economical or possible to have hundreds of individual companies service the area PG&E services, for example. water, electric, and gas services form a natural monopoly due to the extremely high initial cost to set up, and low cost to add new members to the service area. regulation is really the only way to prevent consumer exploitation, besides some sort of government-run company akin to how communism worked in the ussr.

the failure here is not the fact AT&T and other network companies form an oligopoly, the failure is on the government to create and enforce regulations to protect the consumers. people need to stop allowing political motivations/infighting blind themselves from handling growing world issues with reason and care.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 07:49:23 PM by Conan »

do you honestly think that the country we live in now is a dictatorship
No, what I was saying was that you were providing an option where it's either all or nothing, and that's just not how it goes.

humanity is loving cucked and most americans doesn't give a stuff about anything but the Kardashians, Orange Man Bad, Sucking down Starbucks like it's their last lewinsky and yelling at each other on facebook about their favorite gods, Celebrities.
The most true thing I have ever heard this month.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 09:19:26 PM by BurnoutGT24 »

Name one good person that actually takes these threads seriously

Can we make ytps without being striked now?