viacom is getting cucked for the lack of net neutrality

Author Topic: viacom is getting cucked for the lack of net neutrality  (Read 1728 times)

Since net neutrality was removed AT&T is now able to legally drop viacom from their services like direc tv.

This is only but 1 example of what happens when you remove net neutrality and it will only get worse from here

bUt ThE fReE mArKeT nEvEr FaIls

Who uses direct TV anymore?

Three options:
Break up the Controlled Duopolies

Bring Back Net Neutrality

Do nothing and give up because humanity is loving cucked and most americans doesn't give a stuff about anything but the Kardashians, Orange Man Bad, Sucking down Starbucks like it's their last lewinsky and yelling at each other on facebook about their favorite gods, Celebrities.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 07:38:31 AM by Master Matthew² »

I don't entirely understand what this means... Any context? Information? Anything???

I don't entirely understand what this means... Any context? Information? Anything???
due to net neutrality not being a thing currently, at&t has been able to threaten a blackout of viacoms cable networks (tv channels like mtv, nickelodeon, comedy central) on their service until they reach a negotiated deal with at&t

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-03-25/viacom-at-t-resolve-contract-dispute-keeping-channels-on

it didnt happen since a deal was made, but this shows why net neutrality (and similar laws) need to exist in the age of mass media conglomerates that do high-level filtering of all the media we consume under their services.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 12:04:33 PM by Conan »

Three options:
Break up the Controlled Duopolies

Bring Back Net Neutrality

Do nothing and give up because humanity is loving cucked and most americans doesn't give a stuff about anything but the Kardashians, Orange Man Bad, Sucking down Starbucks like it's their last lewinsky and yelling at each other on facebook about their favorite gods, Celebrities.
weren't you advocating for the repeal of net neutrality

no, never was

CONSUME
CONSUME
CONSUME

due to net neutrality not being a thing currently, at&t has been able to threaten a blackout of viacoms cable networks (tv channels like mtv, nickelodeon, comedy central) on their service until they reach a negotiated deal with at&t

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-03-25/viacom-at-t-resolve-contract-dispute-keeping-channels-on

it didnt happen since a deal was made, but this shows why net neutrality (and similar laws) need to exist in the age of mass media conglomerates that do high-level filtering of all the media we consume under their services.
At least someone here can actually cite sources and actually explain what was going on.

No, my only sentiment was that since Net Neutrality is repealed. I don't want it back.
Net Neutrality was a band-aid on a bigger problem. Controlled Duopolies, essentially monopolies, control the Internet in the United States. Whether or not you connect to the internet is determined by an ultimatum. Choose the expensive but good internet or the well priced but awful internet, and that problem was never resolved even under Net Neutrality. Now that Net Neutrality is gone, it will get worse and the people who just haphazardly went through their lives in a fog will start getting asinine bills in the mail and they will eventually understand what the price of ignorance really is.

It will get worse before it gets better. If it doesn't get worse, it won't get better.

I don't advocate for acts of violence like the Christchurch shooter or agree with his methods, and I want to make it clear I'm not an accelerationist. Accelerationists wish to cause the downfall of civilization as they know it, either to sow chaos or they believe it will result in a newer better world, it won't. I really don't want to see more Flash Mobs or asinine acts. I do, however, want people to start becoming aware of the world around them instead of hiding their noses in facebook and twitter. And the only way for that to happen is to stop placing patches over bigger problems and claiming it's fixed, it's not.

Just because you don't like politics or what's happening in the world, does not mean it isn't happening. And just because you ignore it, doesn't mean it will go away, and it certainly doesn't mean it won't affect you.

The democrats can claim they're for Net Neutrality because it creates a "free and open" internet. In reality Net Neutrality shut up the angry few who were paying attention but not informed enough to understand Net Neutrality, and it kept the Corporations happy because they never had to face the reality that they are quickly becoming Pseudo Monopolies. While it would have been Nice to resolve the issue with Net Neutrality still in place as it would have potentially prevented any mal-practice or censorship, I don't think it really matters when most Social Media giants are already enacting their own forms of censorship.

Also to all of you saying these are companies, and it's legal that they can censor people. Remember back to your most hurty feely shooting from a cop to an "innocent." That cop who was legally acquitted did nothing wrong because it was determined to be legal. Does that hurt your feelings? Well that loving sucks, it's legal.

That's the issue, it's more than just legality is morality. These platforms are quickly becoming the only way to communicate online, and just like holding up a sign in time square, if they rip you down from your platform and quiet you, it's censorship. And this censorship bars you from the same abilities as everyone else. These are not companies anymore, they hold to much power too be, they're utilities.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 09:07:17 AM by Master Matthew² »

Also to all of you saying these are companies, and it's legal that they can censor people. Remember back to your most hurty feely shooting from a cop to an "innocent." That cop who was legally acquitted did nothing wrong because it was determined to be legal. Does that hurt your feelings? Well that loving sucks, it's legal.
Care to explain what this means and why it was hidden?

'cucked' is not a word
'while i'm aware that this is a word that exists and is being used by copious amount of people, i'm going to take this opportunity to begin a debate about the authenticity of it because i am just that grandiosely loving bored, please entertain me.'

Thanks for that, but Conan had you covered.
Please stop ranting like a spaz please.